Cant open Sentinel 2 in SNAP 9.0.0

Thank you @amaliadetoni for providing us the requested information’s.

Your SNAP log file reveals that you have Mac OS X version 10.16, not Monterey (12.x), as you give us on you 1’st post:

Your SNAP log file does not provide us any information about you problem.

Your captures does not provide us any information about you problem because everything is okay.

We need other more information to continue the investigation of your problem:

• Please send us:
    1. the name of your product
    2. the name of service or platform from where you downloaded the product or the name of the tool used to create the product

Regards
Adrian

Hi Adrian,
It is strange, this is my Mac information:
The name of the product is:
S2A_MSIL1C_20230507T113321_N0509_R080_T29TNG_20230507T133011.SAFE > MTD_MSIL1C.xml
I have downloaded it from:
https://explore.creodias.eu/

Thank you!
Amália

Hello
Not to throw any noise in here, but the product identified by @amaliadetoni can be opened in SNAP on Windows 10. Both via dragging and dropping the ZIP folder into the Product Explorer in SNAP 9.0.6, and extracting the product and dragging and dropping the MTD_MSIL1C.xml file into SNAP. So it isn’t a problem with the product.

Cheers

Jan

Thank you @amaliadetoni for providing us the requested information’s.

I don’t understand why your SNAP log file contains wrong version of Mac OS.

We try to reproduce your problem with the product you have given to us, on our Mac platform with Mac OS 12.4:

We come back soon with the result of our investigation.

Until we come back, you can reinstall the SNAP with deleting all the SNAP user data and try to open the product to check if the problem occurs again.

Regards
Adrian

Dear Adrian,
I just did what you recommended.
I deleted the SNAP and installed it again, so all MSIL1C products are back working usually!!
Thank you so much for your help and attention!
Best wishes
Amália

1 Like

Thank you @amaliadetoni for quickly confirming the result of our recommendation, which, surprising, it was the solution for your problem.

Now we stopped our investigation of your problem on our Mac because the problem is now, solved.

All the best!

Regards
Adrian

1 Like

HI. I am new to the community. Yesterday i have installed snap version 9.0. I am trying to open IMG-HH-ALOS2489433150-230616-WBDR2.1GUD.tif files. it is not opening. There was an error message at the right hand bottom
unexpected Exception
org.geotools.referencing.crs.DefaultGeocentricCRS cannot be cast to org.opengis.referencing.crs.GeograhicCRS.
Please help

Hi @srishambhu
Your issue seems to be related to ALOS-2 L1.5 Geotiff not opening - #2 by marpet.

Hello All
I am receiving this error once I try to open S2 product

Can someone provide help pls. Should I uninstall then reinstall SNAP? that is the first time it happens, been working on it for months.
it is doing this to all S2 images. I tried unzipping them through all options and tried adding the zipped file. Both ways not working. S3 images are opening normally.

Hello @abeddoughan,
Deleting <user_directory>\ .snap\auxdata\gdal and restarting SNAP should fix your problem.
If it still doesn’t work, please attach the messages.log file (use “Help" → "Show Log Directory” menu to find the log).

Ok thanks. I will check

Hello,
since today I have the same issue when I try to load Sentinel-2 data.
My OS is Windows 10 and I am using the current SNAP version 9.0.7. And in the options → GDAL Library Loader the internal GDAL version from SNAP (3.2.1) is selected.
I tried already to delete the folder .snap\auxdata\gdal but after restart the application the the gdal folder is restored but the problem is not solved. Has anyone an idea how to solve?
Thanks in advance …
folder_content_1

messages.log (134.3 KB)

An error crept in the S2 reader during the last SNAP update. Our team is currently working on it and there will be a new update available today.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

thanks for the quick reply :slight_smile: … Then I will wait for the update …

SNAP update 9.0.8 which fixes the S2 reader is now available.

Hello. I have the same issue. I have tried deleting the snap folder, changin the GDAL Library Loaader and I have uninstall and install the program over three times but the issue persist. My error is
A java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError exception has occurred.
Click Show Details or see the messages.log file located in your C:\Users\LAURA TERÁN\AppData\Roaming\SNAP\var\log folder.
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: org.gdal.gdalconst.gdalconstJNI.GDT_Unknown_get()I
at org.gdal.gdalconst.gdalconstJNI.GDT_Unknown_get(Native Method)
at org.gdal.gdalconst.gdalconstConstants.(gdalconstConstants.java:12)
at sun.misc.Unsafe.ensureClassInitialized(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.UnsafeFieldAccessorFactory.newFieldAccessor(UnsafeFieldAccessorFactory.java:43)
at sun.reflect.ReflectionFactory.newFieldAccessor(ReflectionFactory.java:156)
at java.lang.reflect.Field.acquireFieldAccessor(Field.java:1088)
at java.lang.reflect.Field.getFieldAccessor(Field.java:1069)
at java.lang.reflect.Field.get(Field.java:393)
at org.esa.snap.dataio.gdal.drivers.GDALReflection.fetchGDALLibraryConstant(GDALReflection.java:31)
at org.esa.snap.dataio.gdal.drivers.GDALConst.gaReadonly(GDALConst.java:28)
at org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.s2.Sentinel2ProductReader.computeJP2MatrixCellsResolutionCountWithGDAL(Sentinel2ProductReader.java:295)
at org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.s2.Sentinel2ProductReader.computeJP2MatrixCellsResolutionCount(Sentinel2ProductReader.java:321)
at org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.s2.Sentinel2ProductReader.computeMatrixCellsResolutionCount(Sentinel2ProductReader.java:286)
at org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.s2.ortho.Sentinel2OrthoProductReader.addBands(Sentinel2OrthoProductReader.java:551)
at org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.s2.ortho.Sentinel2OrthoProductReader.readProduct(Sentinel2OrthoProductReader.java:265)
at org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.s2.Sentinel2ProductReader.readProductNodesImpl(Sentinel2ProductReader.java:199)
at org.esa.snap.core.dataio.AbstractProductReader.readProductNodes(AbstractProductReader.java:178)
at org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.s2.ortho.Sentinel2OrthoProductReaderProxy.readProductNodes(Sentinel2OrthoProductReaderProxy.java:90)
at org.esa.snap.core.dataio.ProductIO.readProduct(ProductIO.java:182)
at org.esa.snap.rcp.actions.file.ReadProductOperation.run(ReadProductOperation.java:61)
at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:1443)
at org.netbeans.modules.openide.util.GlobalLookup.execute(GlobalLookup.java:68)
at org.openide.util.lookup.Lookups.executeWith(Lookups.java:303)
[catch] at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:2058)

I am a windows 11Pro user and I have Snap 9.0.0 version. I hope you can help me, thanks

Hello @diana_harosa How can I download this version? I was searching in the Snap website but the version available is 9.0.0

I have this problem with gdal and I dont know what to do. My OS is windows 11 Pro
Thank you

Hello Laura
You can update SNAP 9.0.0 to the latest minor version using the HelpCheck for Updates menu.
The modules to be updated will be listed:

Click Next and wait for the plugins to download

Click on Click the balloon to restart your application now

After update, check the SNAP version using the HelpAbout SNAP… menu

Hi Laura,
We will do some tests but I think that, in your case, the problem is your user’s folder which contains the Á character.

Hi @diana_harosa

I am getting the same problem.
I cannot open S2_MSIL1C anymore. It shows this message.

I already did the update, but didn’t work. I’m using a Mac M2.
Please, could you help me?
Thank you very much.
Amália