Coregistration of Sentinel-1 GRD with slice-assembled scenes - blurry outputs

Ok so finally I have found time to check this issue.
First I applied slice assembly to the scenes which required this step, after that I made a subset to fit the other scenes (otherwise it also becomes too big for processing)
Maybe if you don’t need whole scene it would be useful to make subset also for the other files - but this depends on your AOI.

than I applied all the steps that you mentioned before so: border noise removal, thermal noise removal, calibration

in the following step I checked few options :

• one was to perform DEM assisted coregistration (worked perfectly for whole scene) and TC ->no shift for the stack
  • terrain correction and than stacking based on the geolocation - also worked well
    I am going to add some of my results in a while

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for taking a look! I have a big AOI so would prefer not to do multiple subsets…

So did you try ‘normal’ coregistration -> TC then?

I think I’ve actually got it to work but wanted to run another test to make sure before reporting back here. All I have done is increase the “Warp” tools “Warp polynomial order” parameter from 1 to 2…

Have added your DEM assisted coregistration -> TC method onto my todo list, for some reason I had originally ruled this out as an option for myself.

In fact both methods shall give you good results - if you perform coregistration and than TC OR you do TC and than stacking.
What I have noticed is that there might be a problem with image of 18/01/2017 (still don’t know why) - in this case performing first coregistration and increasing Warp polynomial order might help.

Talking about the subset - If I were you I would subset my data to the AOI in order to decrease computing effort.

1 Like