Does SNAP support PSI for surface deformation mapping?

Continuing the discussion from Estimating buildings height:

Hi,
I am looking for tools to support PSI for Sentinel-1 TOPS stack. Is SNAP going to have that function in the near future?

Thanks,
Luyi

No PSI is planned at the moment. You could look at STAMPS.

Do your TOPS coregistration in SNAP and export to Gamma format. Then continue with Stamps.
Currently there isn’t an easy way to do multiple combinations of interferograms. We’ll work on this soon.

1 Like

Hi @lveci

as I want to do a PSI analysis with my data stack, I tried to follow your suggestions and set the export format of the coregistration and the interferogram formation steps to Gamma format. Unfortunately, I get the following error message in the coregistration step:

Not able to write product file: '/data2/dgmk/Processing/Sentinel/66_Test_Coreg/S1A_IW_SLC__1SDV_20150911T053309_20150911T053336_007663_00AA25_3F76_IW1.par’Back-Geocoding: java.lang.NullPointerException
Back-Geocoding: java.lang.NullPointerException

Can you tell why this error occurs? If I change the export format (to ENVI for example), the processing works perfectly fine. I am using SNAP 2.0 on Linux.

Cheers,
Maryse

Hi Iveci,
is now possible to use SNAP or do I still have to use STAMPS?

thx
FIlippo

You can export single master interferogram stack to StaMPs but you need StaMPs to do the PSI.

Hi Iveci,
I am trying to follow your guideline. I have 10 scenes but not able to coregistration with using S-1 Tops coregistration. And also while trying to do stacking of these, it gives a message that it SLC images requires TOPS coregistration.

maybe you can try the work flow suggested here: