Error converting phase to elevation for DEM generation

yes, Sentinel-1 is no competition to the quality that can be achieved with TanDEM-X data. Looks great.

To get rid of the square-ish artefacts, you can change the number of tiles in the unwrapping config-file and compare. I assume that they are related to these tiles somehow.

1 Like

Thats a very good idea! :+1: Thank you, I will try definitely changing the tiles today!

Hello, I can not find " src/snaphu_io.c file" Where it can be found?

it is located in \snaphu-v1.4.2\src and usually found by the make command.

Thanks, I downloaded mint 64 and VMmare player, but there is no file “src / snaphu_io.c file”. When you download separately the archive snaphu-v1.4.2, there is “snaphu_io.c”. But how do I unwrapping the phase? Need to install snaphu-v1.4.2?

I have no experience with vmware, but here is a tutorial I made for snaphu under windows

Thanks, I’ll try to do a unwrapping the phase with cygwin

Hello, ABraun! The file that creates cygwin “SNAPHU.EXE”, is it universal for unwrapping the phase for all radar space image?

yes, worked on all sensors for me so far. Please read here:
https://web.stanford.edu/group/radar/softwareandlinks/sw/snaphu/snaphu_man1.txt

After the unwrapping phase scan for Sentinel-1, we obtain the values of the displacements of the earth’s surface, they are measured in centimeters or meters?

Hi Anton_Gorshkov

In my experience, the values are for default in meters, but you can to convert to cm or mm!

Hi Everyone,

i am facing some problem (Java.lang.NullPointerException) while generating DEM through Interferometric->Products->Phase to Elevation even using SNAP 5.0. (latest updated) on OS windows 8.
If i go for Interferometric->Products->Phase to Height, nothing is happening.
@squeakus did you get the solution for this problem?
Error is:
org.esa.snap.core.gpf.OperatorException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.esa.snap.engine_utilities.gpf.OperatorUtils.catchOperatorException(OperatorUtils.java:421)
at org.esa.s1tbx.insar.gpf.PhaseToElevationOp.computeTileStack(PhaseToElevationOp.java:336)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorImageTileStack.computeRect(OperatorImageTileStack.java:116)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorImageTileStack.computeTile(OperatorImageTileStack.java:85)
at com.sun.media.jai.util.SunTileScheduler.scheduleTile(SunTileScheduler.java:904)
Caused: org.esa.snap.core.gpf.OperatorException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorExecutor$GPFImagingListener.errorOccurred(OperatorExecutor.java:376)
at com.sun.media.jai.util.SunTileScheduler.sendExceptionToListener(SunTileScheduler.java:1646)
at com.sun.media.jai.util.SunTileScheduler.scheduleTile(SunTileScheduler.java:921)
at javax.media.jai.OpImage.getTile(OpImage.java:1129)
at javax.media.jai.PlanarImage.getData(PlanarImage.java:2085)
at com.bc.ceres.glevel.MultiLevelImage.getData(MultiLevelImage.java:64)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorContext.getSourceTile(OperatorContext.java:407)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorContext.getSourceTile(OperatorContext.java:393)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorImage.computeRect(OperatorImage.java:73)
at javax.media.jai.SourcelessOpImage.computeTile(SourcelessOpImage.java:137)
at com.sun.media.jai.util.SunTileScheduler.scheduleTile(SunTileScheduler.java:904)
at com.sun.media.jai.util.RequestJob.compute(SunTileScheduler.java:247)
[catch] at com.sun.media.jai.util.WorkerThread.run(SunTileScheduler.java:468)

I have same error java.lang.nullPointerException while generating DEM from phase. Could anyone solved this error?

I use single subswath of Sentinel 1 SLC of Indian subcontinent I also java.lang.nullPointerException when I use phase to elevation or phase to height. How can I solve the problem.

sir,
I tried phase unwrapping in ubuntu 14.04 LTS . When i run the command -
snaphu -f snaphu.conf Phase_ifg_HH_23Dec20­09_26Dec2010.snaphu.img 4672,
it gives an error saying-
snaphu v1.4.2 27 parameters input from file snaphu.conf (84 lines total) only one tile–disregarding multiprocessor option Logging run-time parameters to file snaphu.log
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
Please guide me through this. I am not using cygwin terminal.
Thanks

hey Anna! this results it´s the same region ?

hey @squeakus, the same thing happended to me when i used snap… try to use s1 toolbox interface, because it worked for me transform Phase to Height.

Hey Paulo,
yes, the first one is the original srtm and the pic below is the result of the dem generation (obviously wrong) for the same subset.

Hello everybody,

I am also facing the same problem while trying phase to elevation. getting the following error.

org.esa.snap.core.gpf.OperatorException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.esa.snap.engine_utilities.gpf.OperatorUtils.catchOperatorException(OperatorUtils.java:421)
at org.esa.s1tbx.insar.gpf.PhaseToElevationOp.computeTileStack(PhaseToElevationOp.java:336)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorImageTileStack.computeRect(OperatorImageTileStack.java:116)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorImageTileStack.computeTile(OperatorImageTileStack.java:85)
Caused: org.esa.snap.core.gpf.OperatorException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorExecutor$GPFImagingListener.errorOccurred(OperatorExecutor.java:376)
at com.sun.media.jai.util.SunTileScheduler.sendExceptionToListener(SunTileScheduler.java:1646)
at com.sun.media.jai.util.SunTileScheduler.scheduleTile(SunTileScheduler.java:921)
at javax.media.jai.PlanarImage.getData(PlanarImage.java:2085)
at com.bc.ceres.glevel.MultiLevelImage.getData(MultiLevelImage.java:64)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorContext.getSourceTile(OperatorContext.java:407)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorContext.getSourceTile(OperatorContext.java:393)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorImage.computeRect(OperatorImage.java:73)
at javax.media.jai.SourcelessOpImage.computeTile(SourcelessOpImage.java:137)
at com.sun.media.jai.util.RequestJob.compute(SunTileScheduler.java:247)
[catch] at com.sun.media.jai.util.WorkerThread.run(SunTileScheduler.java:468)

please try to help…thank you in advance…

hello @PauloCesar,

how can i select only s1 toolbox? it is not found if search it…only snap is available… kindly, please help me out …

Thanks in advance…