GDAL library ver. 3.0.4 from system cause gpt core dump

Hello, everyone,

I just found a problem with gpt. As gpt will try to use gdal library from system, it seems only support gdal-3.0.x version. I use CentOS Linux, while the gdal version 3.0.4 is installed on the system from dnf, gpt will use it but caused core dump in the end. However the process seems still finish normally and I have check the result data is fine also. But if gpt is called by like system() in c++, it will return 1, causing program failed to identify if the processing is finish or not.

Error log is like below:
INFO: org.esa.snap.core.gpf.operators.tooladapter.ToolAdapterIO: Initializing external tool adapters
INFO: org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.gdal.GDALVersion: GDAL 3.0.4 found on system. JNI driver will be used.
INFO: org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.gdal.GDALVersion: Installed GDAL 3.0.4 set to be used by SNAP.
INFO: org.esa.snap.core.util.EngineVersionCheckActivator: Please check regularly for new updates for the best SNAP experience.
INFO: org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.gdal.GDALVersion: Installed GDAL 3.0.4 set to be used by SNAP.

pure virtual method called
terminate called without an active exception
Segmentation fault (core dump)

Hello,
This seems to be a compatibility issue with 3.0.4 native driver.
When GDAL version (from SNAP) was updated from 2.4.3 to 3.0.0, the public binaries for 3.0.4 were not available.
You can force the usage of the internal GDAL version (within SNAP) as explained here:

1 Like

Thanks for your reply, I noticed this discuss yesterday, just can’t confirm if these are same problem. I have remove gdal from system as a temporal solution.