Gpt sentinel-1 back-geocoding error

This clearly indicates that you don’t use the most recent version. Please upgrade to SNAP 8.0.4
A process related to digital elevation models is taking forever to finish

1 Like

@ABraun thanks a lot for your help. I followed the installation choosing “Yes, try deleting SNAP user data” and I have now SNAP v 8.0. However, the same code that was working well now returns these two errors above using the function:

def terrain_correction(product,prj) :
    parameters = HashMap()
    parameters.put('sourceBandNames', 'Amplitude_VV')
    parameters.put('demResamplingMethod', 'CUBIC_CONVOLUTION') 
    parameters.put('imgResamplingMethod', 'CUBIC_CONVOLUTION') 
    parameters.put('demName', 'SRTM 3Sec') 
    parameters.put('pixelSpacingInMeter', 10.0)
    parameters.put('externalDEMApplyEGM', True)
    parameters.put('saveSelectedSourceBand', True)
    parameters.put('mapProjection', prj)
    parameters.put('nodataValueAtSea',False)
    parameters.put('maskOutAreaWithoutElevation',False)
    return GPF.createProduct("Terrain-Correction",parameters,product)
INFO: org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.gdal.GDALVersion: Installed GDAL 3.0.4 set to be used by SNAP.
INFO: org.hsqldb.persist.Logger: dataFileCache open start
Exception calling QC Rest API:  Connect to qc.sentinel1.eo.esa.int:443 [qc.sentinel1.eo.esa.int/131.176.235.71] failed: Connection timed out: connect
WARNING: org.esa.s1tbx.sar.gpf.orbits.ApplyOrbitFileOp: Connect to qc.sentinel1.eo.esa.int:443 [qc.sentinel1.eo.esa.int/131.176.235.71] failed: Connection timed out: connect
Exception calling QC Rest API:  Connect to qc.sentinel1.eo.esa.int:443 [qc.sentinel1.eo.esa.int/131.176.235.71] failed: Connection timed out: connect
WARNING: org.esa.s1tbx.sar.gpf.orbits.ApplyOrbitFileOp: ApplyOrbit ignoring error and continuing: org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connect to qc.sentinel1.eo.esa.int:443 [qc.sentinel1.eo.esa.int/131.176.235.71] failed: Connection timed out: connect

RuntimeError: org.esa.snap.core.gpf.OperatorException: org.esa.snap.core.gpf.OperatorException due to java.lang.NullPointerException
INFO: org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.gdal.GDALVersion: GDAL 3.0.4 found on system. JNI driver will be used.
INFO: org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.gdal.GDALVersion: Installed GDAL 3.0.4 set to be used by SNAP.
INFO: org.esa.snap.core.gpf.operators.tooladapter.ToolAdapterIO: Initializing external tool adapters
INFO: org.esa.snap.core.util.EngineVersionCheckActivator: Please check regularly for new updates for the best SNAP experience.
'

Do you have any hint for it? Thanks a lot

similar blog also opened on a similar topic S1A product Terrain correction

1 Like

@ABraun - I am setting our code in another computer and I cannot find the SNAP 8.0.4 executable to install that version. I could only found 8.0.0 here Previous Versions – STEP thanks a lot

We only make installers for the major releases 8.0.0, 9.0.0 etc. You will need to update SNAP to the latest version yourself.

Please note that only the latest version (currently 9.x) is supported - you should switch to version 9.

1 Like

Hi enemni,

there is no installer for 8.0.4, only for 8.0.0.
You can update to the latest update within SNAP by the plugin manager. Which is 8.0.9 meanwhile.
Or you get the SNAP 9 installer, which is the moste recent version/installer

1 Like