How to obtain backscatter from sentinel 1 A product?

How to obtain backscatter from sentinel 1 A product? How can i output backscatter value for analysis?
Plz, send step-wise procedure for sentinel 1 A product processing and analysis.

Thanks all…

Please take a look at this topic

I have download data GRD, IW.I don’t know how to convert my data to backscattering?

How to obtain backscatter from sentinel 1 A product? How can i output backscatter value for analysis?
Plz, send step-wise procedure for sentinel 1 A product processing and analysis.

Thanks all…

This is done by Radar > Radiometric > Calibration. It converts Amplitude/Intensity into calibrated Sigma0, the radar cross section which is defined as backscatter.

1 Like

Thanks.
But i cannot Terrain Correction. plz help.

Please have a look at these tutorials: Calibration and Terrain correction for S1 is explained there:
http://step.esa.int/main/doc/tutorials/sentinel-1-toolbox-tutorials/

Please also have a look at this topic: Radiometric & Geometric Correction Workflow

I have moved the last posts in here topic because they did not really fit in where they were placed before. Please don’t cross-post your question over various topics.

1 Like

I want to use SAR GRD Sentinel 1 Backscattering for soil moisture? but I don’t know how to get backscattering data from Sentinel 1A? Please share if you got it means

@Rupeshrupi

Hai did you got to knw how to get backscattered values, even now I have same problem if u got the thing plz mail me the things

But how to pic those values and to show in graph r some where else

Could you please specify what kind of visualization you want?

To visualize the values along a transect you can use the profile plot tool.
To export single values you can use the pin manager.
To correlate the values with numeric point data you can use the correlative plot.

Many of them are explained here

Sir i want to get soil moisture of the some places k, so we need to get backscattered valve to show knw, soo where can we get that backscattered value, i already done all processing like orbit file, thermal noise,calibration,multilooking,speckle filtering,terrain correction.

As iam new to this Sat data plz guide me sir,

Simply open the band Sigma0 - it is the radar backscatter you want.

About soil moisture: This is not so easy - especially if you have not much experience with radar analysis. I have never managed to get a proper soil moisture map myself.
The problem is this: Backscatter contains moisture, but also roughness and the shape/orientation/volume of objects on the ground.

Maybe these resources are a start:

Hi there @ABraun , please i want a step by step approach to obtain a backscatter for water level analysis using SLC product
Or any correct steps to help analysis water level

I think GRD products are sufficient for this task. You simply download them, apply radiometric calibration (Sigma0) and Range Doppler-Terrain Correction and are ready to go.