How to prepare Sentinel-1 images stack for PSI/SBAS in SNAP

Hello everyone!
After processing 200 interferograms with StaMPS using SBAS method I obtained the following results, with an empty patch.

I found weird that there is only one empty patch, so I re-processed Patch 11 and got this message during step 3:

S_SELECT: 0 ps selected after re-estimation of coherence
No PS points left. Updating the stamps log for this

Any suggestions will be appretiated!

@ABraun hey can you please tell me what the files ph_uw in phuw2.mat and ph_mm in ps_plot_ts_v-do.mat exactly give us.

ph_mm contains one less column. are they both LOS velocities? which of these files i use to get vertical velocities.
@suribabu

Hello,
How did you complete with the step which have mentioned in the image.
Should I change the directory of the commands which were shown not found??
Please reply

Hi
I am trying to use the SBAS method, but I think there is something wrong with my ifgs, Can someone tell me how to fix it?
The noisy parts in the middle are water which at the end of the processing are recognized as ps points.

(v-dao)

Dear Ketti

I am also getting the same error. And as per your solution, I have also given the path of triangle and snaphu in StaMPS_CONFIG.bash file as well as terminal. Still I am getting the same error. Can you please help me.

with regards
Hari Shankar

just add this path to .bashrc folder

export PATH=/home/username/stamps/bin:$PATH
Then run
source .bashrc

then process the mt_prep_snap step in terminal and stamps(1,8) in matlab

Hello everyone, I am very new to PSI. During snap2stamps process, i am still stuck on Step-3 i.e, COREG_IFG_TOPSAR.py. Despite trying several times, I do not understand where I am going wrong. Also I am using WSL2 on windows 11

ubutu_vers

Please Help !

Your master image not spilted, please check that and then install libgfortran3 or libgfortran5.

hi everyone, i have problem when run mt_prep_snap. Please help me !

Just keep like this,

/snap2stamps/INSAR_20172406/ 0.42

I try it and still have the same problem

I have mistake with the format of date when running mt_prep_snap

please i have error in stamps processing

how can i try with ps_load_initial_gamma.m step by step
please help @suribabu @ABraun @gnwiii
thank you for your assistance and support

This is the number of PS initially selected when setparm('percent_rand', 20)

and this is the number of PS initially selected when setparm('percent_rand', 50)

No change.
I have set the value of amp. dispersion threshold in mt_prep_snap to 0.4.
I have also noticed that the number of initially selected PS points decreases while processing further patches but I am not sure why there are no PS initially selected in patch 24 at all

I have tried to plot the interferograms for this patch and other patches that ended up with No PS point remaining in step 4 and yet this message appeared

What if the images to be used later for PSI processing (which are filtered to be on the same path number and frame number) aren’t actually lined up, like this

, and there is like a 1 year interval of missing data for such particular frame number that can only be filled with images from different frame the overlaps with the next frame. Will it be valid to use data sets from different frame numbers if my study area lies in the overlap region? or will this cause a drammatic orbital error

Images from the same track can be combined, the different frames of an area do not cause problems (regular intervals are desirable).

I appreciated your reply. That is so much helpful, I can now work on a larger time series since my study area is covered by the overlap between data sets from 2 consecutive frames on the same track/path.

Pardon my little knowledge but I thought the areas lying at the overlap between two acquisitions are prone to produce undesirable range Doppler centroid frequency error that contributes to the total Interferometric phase, that’s why I was only attempting to work on images that are acquired at the exact same frame (even though some images may not be perfectly lined up within a single frame) .

No need to apologize. Many studies combine images of S1A and S1B or acquisitions from different frames. We talked about the effect on baselines here and it shouldn’t matter: S1A-S1B coherence of partially overlapping images - #16 by mengdahl

I am unfortunately not able to answer your question. I just would like to know whether setting the parameter select_reest_gamma_flag to yes, to enable more accurate estimation of PS points, affects the time series plot (displacement vs time chart) where points would appear more in-line and show a regular displacement pattern rather than this noisy plot ?

I was wondering whether this step is extremely necessary or not, because the process is too demanding more than what my machine can handle

I have been informed that the TRAIN toolbox is no longer maintained and therefore the APS removal would be erroneous during StaMPS time series processing, here!
https://forum.earthdata.nasa.gov/viewtopic.php?p=13353#p13353

Is there another method to separate that tropospheric phase contribution ?
Otherwise, do you possibly know of some tutorial to apply GACOS correction for InSAR Sentinel 1 Stack ?