How to prepare Sentinel-1 images stack for PSI/SBAS in SNAP

could you refer to the problem you are asking about?

I want to detrmine horizental displacements in snap, but when I want to create stack, it told me " [Nodeld: 2-create stack] S1 TOPS SLC products should use TOPS Coregistration. "
What should I do?

I think SNAP doesn’t support E-W displacements detection, But let’s ask our colleague @ABraun is it possible to determine a time series of single interferograms (A+B, C+D, E+F,…) of an area of landslide for example and later on get the E-W displacement by apply something similar to offset tracking?

S-1-IW, TOPS cor-registration should be applied,

Would you please to clarify, what do you intend to do?

In this case we could help more, an important thing please try to use the search before posting your demand

1 Like

hi please if you solved the problem can you share the solution with me i have the same error msg and thank you for your time

Hello sir, i can not get the csv file when i run the script i just have the main selection for selecting a point or two and the disc will show up afterwards.
thank you for your precious time

hi @houda,

please have a look at the manual page of the Visualizer app, everything concerning how to create the needed ts plot and which matlab code to use for which stamps version is explained in detail. If there are still problems, let me know in this thread about the visualizer and with detailed information.
Cheers
thho

Hi, Im running the snap2stamps tool and I got 2 errors.
First: the tool works well (I think) but always I got the following error:

And second, I cant run the preparation for StaMPS mt_prep_snap:

I dont know how to solve it, thanks in advanced.

with the first error i cant help you but with the second i can:

first, did you source the stamps config file?
then 2nd step is: you should run mt_prep_snap from your INSAR_masterdate folder.

so type
cd /home/david/data/insar_masterdate
and then run
mt_prep_snap masterdate full/path/to/INSAR_masterdate Da patch_az patch_range overlap_1 overlap_2

i should recommend you to use a Da between 0.4 and 0.42 as recommended in the StaMPS manual.

Thanks, after source the stamps config file, I still can’t run the tool mt_prep_snap. Paths are fine. I dont know what to do.

the error tells you the exact path after bash: does not exist, are you sure this path does exist?
i think you maybe made a mistake in the paths of your stamps config file.

here is my github where you should find tips for installation:

its not yet finished but will help you probably

2 Likes

Concerning python any other version rather than one of both Python 2.7 and Python 3.0 (conda), dosen’t help,

is this regarding the installation tips in the git?

i needed 3 and 2 both, for snap2stamps and data downloading

I’m asking generally, if the advance versions of python 3.5, 3.7 are compatible with SNAP, (In case both are important) would you please to explain how to get two pythons in the same machine?

I would not know whether python 3.5 or python 3.7 show problems with the command interface that snap2stamps uses of SNAP, i dont think so.

getting 2 versions of python on the same machine can be done using Anaconda. you can create environments on your pc which is basically multiple python installations in a seperate folder with specifically the packages and versions you need. this way i can hand over my version file to you,you can install a conda environment based on that version/package file and there will be no problems running my scripts.

check anaconda documentation if you want to know more about it.

1 Like

That’s would be great,

i am sorry, i think you misinterpret my intentions. this is just an example of what is possible with conda environments.

you can download and install miniconda, add conda.exe to your path variable and just run:

conda create C:/users/home/pyth_env2.7 python=2.7 package1 package2 package3 etc

That’s mean all the versions of python are available within miniconda and by adding the conda.exe to my path, all latest versions could be run?

by downloading miniconda you can indeed, MAKE a pyhon environment for all versions and with all packages you want. you can also add packages to the environments if they are not complete anymore or when you need extra things. you can then use the python.exe files in command prompt or open the complete pyth_env folder in an interpreter like Pycharm to make scripts and run them using the interpreter.

1 Like

Would you please to clarify this point, in the following says don’t check it

Source : https://realpython.com/python-windows-machine-learning-setup/

However, in the following video, he prefers to check it,

So which one to follow?

Also to add the python to the SNAP during the SNAP installation, which one will be the path to python,

I have never added my path to Python in SNAP at the installation but just using the SNAP command line and some steps i found online, and even then i stil have not used python inside SNAP so have no clue.

Regarding the installation of anaconda: you can always add anaconda to your path env variable later if you want to, only differences is that to run conda you will have to type the full path to the .exe file, or be in that directory instead of just typing conda in any directory. i thinki have not registered anaconda as my standard python3.7 but i never use just standard python so honestly i would not know. when doing anything with python i use a specific environment created for it.

2 Likes