Metadata for Sentinel2

I have no clue. Sorry.
Please raise the question again the sen2cor section.

ok marbet thanks

Hello Kholio @Dmap
I not that your screenshot shows an Orbit of 001206. The date of acquisition of this product was 15/09/2015. This date was during the period that S2 products were delivered as multi-Tile Slices, and not Single Tiles. Which is why you have several Tiles in your product.

The changeover to single Tile occured in September of the following year: https://sentinel.esa.int/web/sentinel/missions/sentinel-2/news/-/article/distribution-of-sentinel-2-level-1c-products-begins-tuesday-27th-september.

Cheers

Jan

S2 MPC Operations Manager

thanks jan for helping me

Hello,

I have downloaded over 300 images from Sentinel-2 over the same area. Now I am developing a batch processing code that reads .jp2 files and writes geotiffs. For that, I need to access the metadata so I can know the pixel size and starting latitude longitude. However, the metadata file is in .xsd format and notepad does not accurately represent the metadata. Can someone help?

wouldn’t it make more sense to run this with gpt and set GeoTiff as an output?
gpt takes care of the metadata.

I actually found a by-pass to gpt. I opened few .jp2 files in arcmap and converted into geotiffs. Then I made the batch-processing code in MATLAB to automate the conversion from jp2 to geotiffs (including unzipping the data package). I only needed metadata for geo-locations. That I got from the geotiffs I manually converted in arcmap.

Sounds a bit tedious, but if it works for your case, perfect :slight_smile:

1 Like

Simply use gdalinfo on the .jp2 and parse the geo-locations. Open source. No need for MATLAB and/or GeoTIFF conversion. Can even directly read from zip files (use /vsizip).

1 Like

Yes, I find MATLAB easier than SNAP gpt :slight_smile: