Mission RS2 is currently not supported for calibration

Hi all, I also ran into the same problem with the latest version. I was able to run the calibration by avoiding the updates as indicated by @kazmadf.

Iā€™m getting a similar message when processing RCM using SNAP version 7.0.4: ā€œMission RCM is currently not supported for calibrationā€. I had understood that version 7.0.4. should have included all updates to RCM?

I had the same problem in 7.0.4 but updated to 8 and the problem is gone.

2 Likes

Iā€™m having the same issue:

org.esa.snap.core.gpf.OperatorException: Mission RS2 is currently not supported for calibration.
at org.esa.s1tbx.calibration.gpf.support.CalibrationFactory.createCalibrator(CalibrationFactory.java:39)
at org.esa.s1tbx.calibration.gpf.CalibrationOp.initialize(CalibrationOp.java:134)
Caused: org.esa.snap.core.gpf.OperatorException: Mission RS2 is currently not supported for calibration.
at org.esa.snap.engine_utilities.gpf.OperatorUtils.catchOperatorException(OperatorUtils.java:440)
at org.esa.s1tbx.calibration.gpf.CalibrationOp.initialize(CalibrationOp.java:161)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorContext.initializeOperator(OperatorContext.java:507)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorContext.getTargetProduct(OperatorContext.java:294)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.Operator.getTargetProduct(Operator.java:387)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.GPF.createProductNS(GPF.java:330)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.GPF.createProduct(GPF.java:305)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.GPF.createProduct(GPF.java:284)
at org.esa.snap.graphbuilder.rcp.dialogs.SingleOperatorDialog.createTargetProduct(SingleOperatorDialog.java:175)
[catch] at org.esa.snap.graphbuilder.rcp.dialogs.SingleOperatorDialog.onApply(SingleOperatorDialog.java:287)
at org.esa.snap.ui.AbstractDialog.lambda$initUI$6(AbstractDialog.java:519)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.netbeans.core.TimableEventQueue.dispatchEvent(TimableEventQueue.java:159)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Unfortunately, my computer is not able to download the new version. Do you know a workaround?

Have you tried both the main and the mirror download? For which operating system do you want to download SNAP for?
I just tried and the downloads seem to work.
SNAP Download ā€“ STEP (esa.int)

When trying to calibrate a RCM image (Radar/Calibrate) I get the ā€˜ā€™Mission RCM is currently not supported for calibrationā€™ā€™ message on Ubuntu, while it does work on Windows. Here are the respective specs of the OS, SNAP and plugin versions:

• Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS
  • Kernel: Linux 5.11.0-40-generic
  • SNAP 8.0
  • Sentinel-1 Toolbox Kit Module 8.0.5
  • Radarsat Polarimetric Toolkit Module 8.0.5

It does work on my Window 10 setup:

• SNAP 8.0
  • Sentinel-1 Toolbox Kit Module 8.0.0
  • Radarsat Polarimetric Toolkit Module 8.0.0

I am trying to find a way to fix it on Ubuntu. Could the error be related to the version of one of the above-mentioned plugins? (by the way, I get the same error on MacOS with the 8.0.5 version of both plugins). Is it possible to install an earlier version of the plugins (i.e., 8.0.0) if the error is related to those?

Well, just following up on my previous post. I tried installing the very latest plugins (8.0.6) on Ubuntu, and MacOS for that matter, and it did not solve the problem. So I did a fresh install of SNAP v.7 and the associated plugins and that worked (again, on Ubuntu and MacOS). So it kind of solves the problem but it is a pity that the improvements of v.8 are therefore not accessible.

This being said, thanks to the SNAP and toolbox developers for all this wonderful and free software!

Maybe a final word on this issue from my part. By luck I found an old install file for UNIX v.8.0 which was downloaded on our Ubuntu machine in November 2021. I did a fresh install with this version (which comes with the 8.0 version of the toolboxes, not 8.05 or 8.06) and the calibration of RADARSAT-2 and RCM images now works. So it looks like there is really an issue with 8.05 or 8.06.

I am having the same issue when trying to perform radiometric calibration or terrain flattening on a Radarsat-1 file (SGF). It is a fresh install of SNAP 9.0.0 on Windows 10, please, let me know if I can provide any useful info.