Version: 9.0.4+ (9.0.2+)
When using the SNAP v9.0.4+ to write NetCDF-CF files, there seems to be a bug that leads to a segmentation fault in the netCDF library for certain input products. Additionally, those that do succeed output NetCDFs that have issues with standard tools like
gdalinfo, so there is probably something wrong with the way how metadata is written into them. (The last working version is v9.0.1, apart from the fact that it’s not writing any metadata.)
- Downgrade to v9.0.1 (not an option for me since then other bugs start to affect S2Resampling).
- Change output format to NetCDF-BEAM.
Steps to reproduce:
- Use SNAP and S3TBX updated to the latest versions (9.0.6 and 9.0.3 at the moment of writing).
- Start with
- Process the product using a graph containing S2Resampling, C2RCC, and Write (as NetCDF-CF) pipelined after each other. See attachment (
- The writing will fail due to an error coming from the netCDF writing part. The Windows and Linux error messages are slightly different (see attachments), but both hint at a segmentation fault or a memory access error.
Attached to this bug report is also a Linux error report file (
hs_err_pid7254.log) with more information about the segmentation fault and the NetCDF library error. It seems to emerge from the metadata group creation part.