New problem on Sentinel-3 opening using SNAP

I found a issue on Sentinel-3 data. Sentinel 3 SL_1_RBT products become unreadable for SNAP. I always opened this products using xfdumanifest, but now when I’m trying to open this products using SNAP the Error "Error: java.lang.NullPointerException " appears. This error appears on versions of SNAP on which I always was able to open this products and on newest versions. Can you help me to solve this problem?

Best regards, Leonid Shumilo.

1 Like

Dear Leonid,
can you give us the name of the product you are trying to open and the name of the latest version of the S3TBX that you are using for this?

I tried to open big number of products ( I more work on AWS and was doing it automatically). For test on my Windows PC, on which it don’t work too, I downloaded file S3B_SL_1_RBT____20200330T190414_20200330T190714_20200330T212220_0179_037_156_0720_LN2_O_NR_004.SEN3 from Copernicus Scihub. It is very strange. If download and install the newest versions of SNAP, it don’t download the newest versions of toolbox. After I updated all components the problem become fixed. But I don’t know how to fix it on my AWS machines, because I can use only terminal. This why change of SNAP version don’t fix problem on my aws. Can you help me to install latest s3tbx version using only ubuntu terminal?

From the bin folder of our SNAP installation, try typing snap --modules --update org.esa.s3tbx.s3tbx.kit or snap --modules --update-all . Does this help?

Thank you very much, now it is working. Now the only one problem that F1_BT_in band disappeared, but it is not a SNAP problem. I have to read changes provided by ESA

That band is the reason why the old SNAP versions could not read the latest products. Instead of the in band, you new have a fn band.

how can i do it under windows i have the same problem

How to do the update is explained here:
Update SNAP from the command line - SNAP - Confluence (atlassian.net)
But you can also update from the SNAP Desktop appllication, by going to Tools / Plugins.
I think you issue is not related to the one discussed here.
I answered in the other thread: