Orbit file timeout (March 2021)

An ETA on when the orbits post Feb 25 would be available will be very helpful for us to prepare.

s1tbx-8.0.2 has been released. It will at least bring back the functionality for historical orbit files.
For current orbit files, we’ll automate retrieving from the gnsshub by next week.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

8 Likes

Thank you @lveci!

How can we update to s1tbx-8.0.2 on headless sytems? When I try this from the command line no updates are found.

/usr/src # /usr/local/snap/bin/snap --nosplash --nogui --modules --update-all
/usr/local/snap/bin/../platform/lib/nbexec: WARNING: environment variable DISPLAY is not set
Updates not found.
updates=0

But I see that an upgrade is available when I list modules (here’s an example)

org.csa.rstb.rstb.op.polarimetric.tools            8.0.1    Upgrade to 8.0.2

When I try to update a specific module, it look like it detects an update but then it fails

/usr/src # /usr/local/snap/bin/snap --nosplash --nogui --modules --update org.esa.s1tbx.s1tbx.op.calibration
/usr/local/snap/bin/../platform/lib/nbexec: WARNING: environment variable DISPLAY is not set
Will update org.esa.s1tbx.s1tbx.op.calibration@8.0.1 to version 8.0.2
updates=2
Establishing a connection ...
Establishing a connection ...
S1TBX Calibration
S1TBX Calibration

null
null

Nothing to update. The pattern [org.esa.s1tbx.s1tbx.op.calibration] has no match among available updates.
updates=0

Thank you so much once again Iveci.

Hi @simonf,
thanks for the help, the query

https://scihub.copernicus.eu/gnss/search?q=producttype:AUX_RESORB AND ingestiondate:[2021-02-17T10:00:000Z TO NOW] AND platformname:Sentinel-1

is working well, but obviously in this moment what is missing are data … latest sentinel-1 RESORB is from 16th Feb 2021, while on the ftp site (now supposed to be replaced by gnss) the latest one is from 25th Feb 2021.
I hope the problem will be fixed soon to proceed with images waiting to be processed.

Same problem here.Capture

First you have to call:

snap --nosplash --nogui --modules --list --refresh
This will check the repository for the latest updates.
Afterwards you can call

snap --nosplash --nogui --modules --update-all
This should update your installation.

If you this first, without --refresh the update information from the last check (maybe a few days ago) is used.

While updtaing I’ve seen an exception, saying “connection reset” or similar. But seems not to have an effect on the update.

When now starting my SNAP installation, the S1TBX is updated:

7 Likes

The “ftp://aux.sentinel1.eo.esa.int” seems now updated after several day of missing orbit updates, while the “scihub.copenicus.eu/gnss” is still not updated with Sentinel-1 RESORB blocked at 16th Feb.

1 Like

Looks like the orbits stopped being updated again around mid-day of Mar 05.

Hello @lveci,
After updating Snap 8.0, the ‘Radar’ menu disappered…

In addition, help -> about Snap shows that I’m missing other toolboxes now!
Screenshot from 2021-03-07 14-29-42

Where are S1TBX, S3TBX and RSTB?

Oded

HI, @marpet I tried to follow your steps to update snap on Linux VM. This is the error I got.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Maybe this is Snap (package manager) - Wikipedia what you invoke.
Try

./snap --nosplash --nogui --modules --list --refresh

Hi @marpet
The update command shows the module list and then hangs for me. I’ve left it for several minutes before killing it was ctrl+c.
Is this process expected to take several minutes? Perhaps I need to be more patient…
Thanks

It seems to be fine.
After killing the --list --refresh command the --update-all command works.

Yes, this is known.
See Update SNAP from the command line - SNAP - SNAP Wiki (atlassian.net)
In the first note it is mentioned and a workaround is described.

Dear all
Someone works with ISCE. I have the same problem. What can I do? Thanks

The Sentinel-1 QC Web Site moved to this new address: https://qc.sentinel1.copernicus.eu/

The older address https://qc.sentinel1.eo.esa.int is now discontinued

It will not provide a link to the orbit files anymore.

It now contains a banner with link to the servers disseminating the orbit files.

1 Like

It seems the latest available orbit files are still only at 5 March 2021, when can we expect new orbit files to be available?

Also the “new official portal” (https://scihub.copernicus.eu/gnss) has no new S1 orbits after 16th Feb 2021…
Really it’s difficult to understand what’s going on.