S-1 SLC to GRD_"-12" message

I downloaded 40 SLC products by JDownloader through a .meta4 created on https://scihub.copernicus.eu/dhus/#/home.
SNAP opens correctly all .zip and inner images.
I tried to run “S-1 SLC to GRD” in batch and it doesn’t work.
I tried one by one and I found the message “-12” over several input products (like the one in the picture).
Output formally written, but it is empty.
Despite that, some images are well elaborated (I suppose because they seem right if plotted).
It is possible that only some files are corrupted?

Thanks for any reply except for: “why don’t you download GRD directly”

I found that the problem is in Slant Range to Ground Range, any sugestions?

You could recreate this processing chain in the graph builder and skip the slant-to-ground operator. Depending on your use case it shouldn’t be necessary or could be replaced by other operators

Thank @ABraun for your quick answer.
I managed to execute the process in batch without SRGR, but it doesn’t work as previously. It is strange that it work step by step and not in batch (SRGR apart). I’m trying to find a way to execute SNAP function by R to better see and manage error messages. But I would to know if the problem could be solved in SNAP instead than changing software.
Thanks for your attention

Maybe this is an optopn for you to automate the task: Introducing snapista, a GPT wrapper for Python

You can use the graph builder to process this.
Read_RT_RC_Deb_ML_Filter_Geocoding_Write

Hello @SamueleBumbaca , can you share your final SNAP graph? I can do a CWL document to automate the batch processing and share it on Github. It could help other users in the future.

Same error, same output with empty value.
my returns -6

Hi @fabricebrito,
I’m sorry for the late. Here you find the graph SLC_to_GRD as a copy of the same steps of the SNAP function “S-1 SLC to GRD”.
Thanks for your help!
SLC_to_GRD.xml (3.9 KB)

This is probably irrelevant but it looks like you first multilook the SLC into ~4 looks and then speckle filter it as if it still had one look. You should set the speckle filter looks accordingly.

Hi @wwh_rs,
I’m really gratefull for your reply, but I can’t see which functions you meant by the RT and RC steps.
I’m quite sure for the others:
Deb → Debrust
ML → Multilook
Filter → Speckel Filter ?
Geocoding → GeoCoding displacement bands

I see the mistake, thanks @mengdahl

I need only the Intensity in dB, could I skip Slant Range to Ground Range? Shall I directly apply GRD?

if you want to work with backscatter intensity in dB, you can directly download GRD data and apply radiometric calibration and Terrain Correction. No need for SLC data then.