Sentinel 1 images SLC and GRD

I am doing a project with Sentinel 1 and I have the two images: SLC and GRD (They are already downloaded, single and dual pole), the purpose of my project is to create a classification for a region where I should detect some coverage as: crops, forest, cities (or urban zones) and wather (river, lakes) but I focus in the SLC images and I have advanced with these types images and I follow the next workflow for the pre-processing SLC images:

1. Orbite calibration
  2. Calibrate
  3. Deburst
  4. Multilooking
  5. Terrain Correction

Do You think that these steps become a SLC to a GRD image for I can work with the backscattering but since a SLC image ???

Do You explain how detect some coverage that I said before, some steps???

Besides What are the differences between SLC adn GRD images??? and if I use the GRD images What are the steps for processing correctly ??? or Should I do some PRE-processing with the GRD image ??? or this is ready for work in contradistinction to SLC that i have to do a PRE-processing

About the differences between SLC and GRD, please see here:

About suitable workflows:

But I think GRD images are enough for classification purposes:

How classifications are performed in SNAP is explained here:

2 Likes

Thanks ABraun, it really is a excellent explication … Maybe Can you the answer of some other questions that i put before ???

For example: Do You explain how detect some coverage that I said before, some steps???

Thanks ABraun, it really is a excellent explication … Maybe Can you the answer of some other questions that i put before ???

For example: Do You explain how detect some coverage that I said before, some steps??? :confused:

Try with GRD and see if the results are ok. Read the tutorials plus some scientific papers on classification of SAR images.

if you mean classification: It is explained here (for Sentinel-2, but works as well with Sentinel-1, as long as you have some bands)

1 Like