Sentinel-1 SAR VV backscattering

Hello fwiig
The TANDEM-X TERRA SAR-X, isn’t available in free charge for suitable resolution in my area. The availability of TAN DEM is 90 m isn’t enough for Penetration land surface.

Please send me your articles. Thank you

I think @fwiig did not mean the DEM generated from the TanDEM-X mission, but rather the SAR images which were acquired. So their spatial resolution is around 3-5 m in StripMap mode, but they are not openly available as well.

1 Like

Yes I did mean the SAR images. Sorry for the confusion. They can be acquired from DLR upon successful application of a data grant through their science program. For my work I obtained the spotlight and staring spotlight modes which are ~1m resolution.
The resolution you require is dependant on your target size and depth of target, which I do not know.

2 Likes

Dear all,

This RFI on C band from Sentinel-1 data appear to be interesting for ground radar object classification. Is there any explanation about the geometric shape from all these RFI on imagery?
I see some RFI longer and larger than the other. Is anyone to give me some maths to study all of this interference patterns?

regards

1 Like