Since last update gpt execution never finishes

The latest updates were for s2tbx, not concerning GPT.
In your graph you read a S1 product and then write it to GeoTIFF format. Nothing here too that is part of s2tbx.
But we will further investigate.
Meanwhile you can get rid of the updates by cleaning SNAP cache.

Hi,
Have you activated the s2tbx maximum size in cache?
By default, the option is deactivated as illustrated.

Meanwhile you can get rid of the updates by cleaning SNAP cache.

I do not run snap with a gui, but build a container where snap is downloaded, installed and then updated all from scratch. Because this is an automated process if there is any way I could maybe fix the versions to which it updates that would be fantastic!

Have you activated the s2tbx maximum size in cache?

I did not configure anything else apart from that. Does the cache cache updates? Or is this some other cache I need?

SNAP was updated last night on Windows 10 and today on Fedora 33 linux. Just “gpt -h” hangs on both systems.

Thank you for the report @gnwiii , we are currenlty investigating what could have caused this.

There is an ongoing correction for this, a new minor version will be available.

I have same problem gpt execute never finishes (version 8.0.3)

I have the same issue in SNAP 8. I could get rid of the latest updates by cleaning the snap cache (delete .snap folder), right? But if I do so, other updates are also gone. Some of them I need (e.g. to download the precice orbit files in ApplyOrbitFile operator). So my question is: Is there an option that I select the updates which I would like to update, and deselect others or do I have to update always all available updates? Sorry to post it under that thread, but since it is related, I thought it might be OK.

Yes, you can select which updates you need in Tools -> Plugins -> Updates.

A complete cleaning of SNAP cache would mean cleaning:

C:\Users\[username]\.snap
C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\SNAP or C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\SNAP
C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp\snap-[username]

(depending on what directories from the above listed ones you have)

1 Like

thanks. :+1:t2:

1 Like

I am having the same problem with gpt not exiting, on CentOS 7 after the recent S2TBX updates. I specifically updated to get rid of messages coming from org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.gdal.GDALInstaller when processing Back Geocoding, ESD, Coherence, etc. for Sentinel-1 data with S1TBX:

SEVERE: org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.gdal.GDALInstaller: Can't set execution permissions for executable /w2/SNAP_home/auxdata/gdal/gdal-3-0-0/share/proj/projjson.schema.json. If required, please ask an authorised user to make the file executable.
java.nio.file.FileSystemException: /w2/SNAP_home/auxdata/gdal/gdal-3-0-0/share/proj/projjson.schema.json: Operation not permitted

The GDAL modules from S2TBX are used when processing SAR with S1TBX. At one point many years ago this was apparent when after S2TBX install, SAR processing could no longer use compressed DEMs. Prior to S2TBX installation, with only S1TBX installed, we were able to use compressed DEMs.

This mostly worked for me, but I did have to restore my ~/.snap/auxdata/Orbits folder because I started having problems with applying orbit files. Thanks!

This GPT issue should be solved now by installing S2TBX 8.0.3 updates.

3 Likes

software upgrade is work perfect!! thanks

2 Likes

I have still met the same problem with SNAP(v9.0.0) and S2TBX (v9.0.0). What should I do in addition to updating s2tbx?

run_config.xml (1.9 KB)

Config ready; running: "E:\Program Files\snap\bin\gpt.exe" V:\01-Satellite-matchups\L02-ACPROCESSED\L02-NIGLAS\N15_15\\P65B201_赛里木湖\MSI\00_L1_SUBSET\run_config.xml
INFO: org.esa.snap.core.gpf.operators.tooladapter.ToolAdapterIO: Initializing external tool adapters
INFO: org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.gdal.GDALVersion: Incompatible GDAL 3.4.2 found on system. Internal GDAL 3.2.1 from distribution will be used.
INFO: org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.gdal.GDALVersion: Internal GDAL 3.2.1 set to be used by SNAP.
INFO: org.esa.snap.core.util.EngineVersionCheckActivator: Please check regularly for new updates for the best SNAP experience.
INFO: org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.gdal.GDALVersion: Internal GDAL 3.2.1 set to be used by SNAP.
Executing processing graph
INFO: org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.s2.ortho.S2OrthoProductReaderPlugIn: Building product reader - EPSG:32644
WARNING: org.esa.snap.core.metadata.GenericXmlMetadata: Metadata: the path to element [metadata_level] does not exist
WARNING: org.esa.snap.core.metadata.GenericXmlMetadata: Metadata: the path to element [granuleidentifier] does not exist
WARNING: org.esa.snap.core.metadata.GenericXmlMetadata: Metadata: the path to element [bandid] does not exist
INFO: org.hsqldb.persist.Logger: dataFileCache open start
18%36%54%72%....82%...57544 [main] INFO serverStartup - Nc4Iosp: NetCDF-4 C library loaded (jna_path='C:\Users\optics\.snap\auxdata\netcdf_natives\9.0.1\amd64', libname='netcdf').
57549 [main] INFO serverStartup - NetcdfLoader: set log level: old=0 new=0
57549 [main] INFO serverStartup - Nc4Iosp: set log level: old=0 new=0
107% done.
INFO: org.hsqldb.persist.Logger: Database closed

Hello,
This was solved since S2TBX 8.0.3 and not reported since. Therefore maybe you have some old remainings there.
Close SNAP and try also a complete clean, see locations indicated above:

If it still does not work, fresh install with the option “delete all previous SNAP data”.

Hello, many thanks for your reply. However, I have tried both a complete cleaning of the SNAP cache and a fresh install with the option “delete all previous SNAP data”. It still does not work:sob:

Then, that’s not the reason.
What are you trying to run with gpt?

I run the gpt to resample and subset for a series of MSI data.

Some things you can try, just out of curiosity:
1/ try to run the same graph that you run with gpt, in Graph Builder
2/ what happens if you run “gpt -h” from a command line?