SNAP updates - server unavailable

Hi everybody,

In the last couple of days I have been trying to update my SNAP desktop. However, at around 5% of the updating process, the process fails and I receive the warning ‘server unavailable’. My machine works in Linux.

Anyone knows what might be happening? Would greatly appriciate any help.
Thanks!

Hello,
The reason could be:

The only solution is to retry, as indicated also in the error message that you get in SNAP.

1 Like

The internet is often broken. I found it better to download the files and do the offline update.

2 Likes

Hi gnwii,

Many thanks for your help. I managed to install 1 or 2 of the packages, but for many of them I have a similar error:

Notice that the .nbm files are placed in the usual Download folder.

Any idea of what could be happening?

SOLVED!

@gnwiii solution was working for the first packages, but then it was giving me further errors. I ended up having to clean up the bin of my machine, and that, plus the manual installation of each package, have done the trick.

Many thanks.

Glad you got it working. I noticed the link to How to download and install updates (nbm files) offline isn’t working today (and wasn’t captured by the Wayback machine). I think SNAP 8 uses Oracle Netbeans 8.2, but many of the links there are either broken or go to Apache NetBeans 12 pages, where you can circle back to Oracle NetBeans 8, …