Snap2stamps error

Hi, @mdelgado and @ABraun!

I have encountered an error for one pair (as of the moment) during the coregistration and interferogram formation using snap2stamps. Please see images below. This is the first time I encounter such error and I want to ask what could be the problem and how to resolve it.

The good thing is the other pairs (60 in total) are still in progress. I thought the processing will terminate after this error but it didn’t. I just want to ask also if it’s ok to delete this pair from the folders (coreg and ifg) if the error can’t be solved.

Thank you.

Please check if you can load the zip file of this product into SNAP. Maybe the download was incomplete.

The next script will take all products which are inside the split folder, so if you delete this one in there (as it was probably created but not finished) it will be skipped.

I was able to load the zip file of that specific product into SNAP. I was able to open all the bands (i, q, intensity) specifically. I got the same error for another pair as of writing.

You mean it is better to delete these products that got error in the split folder?

Thank you.

I agree with @ABraun. Either the input product or the disc seem to have a problem.

Never seen that error neither myself.

Was that solved after removing the file?

This is a warning message, not an error.

Was this the real problem?

I have downloaded again the S1B images which got the same error during the coreg and ifg formation process. As of writing, I am redoing everything again using snap2stamps. I got 4 pairs with the same error after completing the first run, and I am afraid that excluding these pairs in the analysis would result to bad output. These are consecutive scenes paired with a common master and removing them would leave a 36-day gap.

Fortunately, the first pair I had the error and reported here has been solved. So I believe @ABraun is correct about the cause of the error. I will report what happens to the other pairs after completing the second attempt.

Thank you.

Do you use different master products along your time series?

No. I am only using a single master I have selected using the InSAR Stack Tool in SNAP. What I mean is like this: the single master (20171011) paired with consecutive scenes (20161203, 20161215, 20161227, 20170108). These were the 4 pairs I got the same input/output error.

Removing these products would leave a 36-day gap which is I think not good for slow-moving landslide analysis.

alright, so no misundestanding. Yes, avoiding this 36 day gap would be good.

Regards.
Testing the program I have got the following error:
WARNING: org.esa.s1tbx.sentinel1.gpf.SpectralDiversityOp: RangeShiftOp: Cross-correlation failed for all bursts, set range shift to 0

What I can be doing wrong?

please check the quality of the coregistered stacks (e.g. by an RGB composite). If no band is empty, you can ignore this warning message.

Hi, I have the same warning message. Did you find the source? Thanks.

no. but I can continue my analysis, ignoring the warning

1 Like

yes indeed. I move the master image to master folder and this error has gone.

Sorry for replying late.

Hi, @mdelgado and @ABraun!

It is my first time to have an AOI in the US.

I have downloaded my dataset and using snap2stamps for preprocessing.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t finish the splitting part because of an error shown below.

Error: [NodeId: TOPSAR-Split] -1

I do not know if this is related to the AOI BBOX definition given below.

LON MIN: -123.393917
LAT MIN: 42.203838
LON MAX: -123.350054
LAT MAX: 42.240907

Please advise.

Thank you.

Have you checked if the split master product matches with the AOI?

Hi, @ABraun!

Since my AOI is in 1 subswath only, I used the ‘python splitting_slaves.py project.conf’ command to split all downloaded images (slaves and master). This is to make sure that split images are well matched. After this, I usually remove the master image from the ‘slaves’ and ‘split’ folders and move it to the ‘master’ folder.

I tried to interchange LON MIN and LON MAX but I did get the same error.

have you tried switching the values of LON MIN and LON MAX?

Yes, I did. And I got the same error.

I am wondering if the (-) sign before the numerical values has something to do about the error.

what coordinates do you get when you draw a rectangle in SNAP and right-click > WKT from geometry?