Snap2stamps package: a free tool to automate the SNAP-StaMPS Workflow

You should set up memory for SNAP. In the snap2stamps manual are some tips and surely in the forum are surely more.

check it out

I set the 32 RAM in “gpt.vmoptions” for the SNAP.

If the code chooses just a subswath to do the processing, so what is the application of “AOI BBOX DEFINITION” we set in the configuration file?

As you can see, I did the stack processing by myself with that slave and master. It seems everything is OK. Do you have any idea about that?

Please set up gpt.vmoptions as it has different parameters than the default SNAP GUI as said in the manual.

It should solve the issue

I found the source of error in my results. It is due to a issue in internal setting of the package. Can I ask you?

Sure, but please forgive me if I do not reply before tomorrow or so.

Thanks you for your kindness. You consider the whole number of bursts in any sub-swath by 1 to 9 but in some S1 images, we have 10 bursts. So, when you remove the first burst from the bottom image, a dis-connectivity will be happen between two images to assemble. Did you catch my point? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Probably you are right an you are the first one that encountered that problem. It would be enough to change 9 by 999 on last burst tag on the xml graph template and this would never happen again.

I have taken note for next release to come soon. Thanks

2 Likes

Thank you so much. I think we can also set that option in the XML graph to 10 because we will not have any S1 images with 11 bursts. I will try it today and let you know.

I am just worried about the results of two runs I did for the pre-seismic and post-seismic monitoring when I didn’t take care of this issue. Do you think I don’t have any problem with the following results?

u-do (Preseismic)

u-do (Postseismic)

1 Like

Hello.
Could you please explain u-do command in more details. I want to try it

It just a matlab command in the StaMPS plot to see the unwrapped results: ps_plot(‘u-do’)

Ohh i see. Its different time series. So, how did you download images since 2014 to 2014?

https://search.asf.alaska.edu/#/
https://scihub.copernicus.eu/dhus/#/home

1 Like

If you set the origin of times for the plot in the first interferogram is easier for interpretation.

I see also some aps that you may like to mitigate using TRAIN, as you did in the past.

We can see that in more details after, but in preseismic remember always phase in radians and not displacement…seems that in the center was uplifting, and probably subsiding after, but as said it is easier plotting first interferogram as time 0 regardless which is the master

@mdelgado I would like to run the package using the SNAP-7.0 but I faced the following error:

Could you please let me know whether the SNAP version is important to run the package or no?

I already know about this error. In the forum should be solved already as I have replied to another user facing the same issue.
That’s why in the Manual I recommend to use SNAP 6.
Please run gpt -h Enhanced-Spectral-Diversity and see the current tags employed, to overwrite the ones in the graph, as they belong to SNAP 6.

I hope this helps

1 Like

So sorry to ask again and disturb you :pray:

No disturb… only holidays period

During the last step of snap2stamps package, “export to stamps”, I faced a warning in the following picture determined by a red rectangle:

I do really appreciate if anybody can describe me whether this warning can import an error in the results.

Well, the fact that the warning appears only in this pair surely means something. Having 5m error in Bperp estimation may introduce effects in the ellipsoid and topographic phase removal.

My suggestion is that you try from scratch this master-slave combination. It might had happened that the orbit files were not downloaded or something similar…otherwise it seems weird that this happens.

Not sure what other would say, but from my side I would try again only that master-slave starting from the slave splitting.

I hope this helps

1 Like