StaMPS processing error

land slides are mostly non-coherent processes, which means that the scattering characteristics change during this process. This leads to decorrelation of the phase.
You have chances if you have bare soil areas which slowly move (creeping soil movement), but sudden and large movements of vegetation covered areas are very challenging. Please someone correct me if I am wrong or too pessimistic.

I suggest to have a literature review first to check how people approached landslides using SAR data. To me it sounds rather difficult, but maybe there are ways besides the classic PS InSAR approach.

Same problem, anyone find a solution?

Hi, everyone

After running snap2stamps and run stamps, I got the terrible result.

It seem to get the wrong coordinate.

I’m sure that all of the step in snap2stamps and stamps are right.
I cannot find the mistake about that and solution from the forum.
Has anyone ever faced the similar problem?

Thanks!

ManHua

Iwell… looking at the results I would not be that sure.

It seems that during the mt_prep_snap the lat/long files were not found, so it continued without failing using the radar coordinates

Can you check its log?

Dear @mdelgado
My classmate told me run mt_prep_gamma after snap2stamps, and his Stamps version is 4.01.
He could get the right result.
So I also use mt_prep_gamma, but my version is 3.3b1,
Maybe different version could make different result?

This following is the log of running mt_prep_gamma.
mt_prep_gamma log.txt (3.0 KB)

Thanks!

ManHua

the logfile looks alright so far.
But if you use Sentinel-1 data prepared in SNAP it is better to use mt_prep_snap (as provided by the latest StaMPS version 4.1), because it avoids errors at later steps.

1 Like

As suggested by @ABraun, please use mt_prep_snap provided by the latest stamps version

1 Like

Dear @ABraun @mdelgado
I’m sorry about that.
First, I run “source /usr/local/StaMPS-4.1-beta/StaMPS_CONFIG.bash”.
Then, try mt_prep_snap, and is work.

However, when I run Stamps, get another wrong message. So sad.

STAMPS: ########################################
STAMPS: ####### StaMPS/MTI Version 4.0b6 #######
STAMPS: ####### Beta version, Jun 2018 #######
STAMPS: ########################################

STAMPS: Will process patch subdirectories
??? Undefined function or method ‘strsplit’ for input arguments of type ‘char’.

Error in ==> stamps at 167
patchsplit=strsplit(pwd,’/’);

have you deleted all data procesed by mt_prep_gamma before?

Yes, I did.

how many patches did you create?

I create 6 patch.
(mt_prep_snap 20170517 ~/D105/INSAR_20170517/ 0.4 3 2 50 200)

according to this page, this error occurs in older versions of matlab: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18673969/strsplit-undefined-function-for-input-type-char

What version are you using? It could be that the command is not yet included in your version.

My version is R2010a, maybe it is really too old to run.
I’ll try another version.
Thanks!!

Manhua

hi,are there something wrong?
1/ intial_baseline is zero in stamps(1,1) ?
2/Correcting phase for look angle error in stamps(5,5)?

Hi all
I have the same problem. Plz help fix it

Hallo,
three months ago I used to run mt_prep_gamma, now I got errors.
I’m trying with mt_prep_snap but i get this one:

should I run first (again) a different StaMPS_CONFIG.bash?
thank you

yes, every time you open the shell, you have to run StaMPS_CONFIG again (unless you include it in your bashrc, but this is not always a good idea)

I do not see the whitespace between the masterdate and the path to the INSAR folder. Please check.

Additionally, I am not sure, but it seems you are executing the mt_prep_snap in your current folder which is not the folder where stamps is, right? Please check

I hope this helps

Hi Abraun,

I completed my 8 steps of stamps processing. I felt some of my interferograms had snow cover and wanted to remove it from the processing. So I used ‘drop_ifg_index’ in the directory where all my patches are stored. I did not use this option for individual patches. Similarly I changed my ‘merge_resample_size’ to 10 in the directory containing all my patches.
Step 4 was successfully done but in step 5 PROCESSING PATCH_2 is the last message I see.

After this, there is no error nor it is moving forward to patch_3.

Following are my questions?

• Should I start from step 3 as I have changed my ‘drop_ifg_index’?
  • In case yes, should I assign this ‘drop_ifg_index’ individually to each patch and then run step 3?
  • Similarly, if I try changing the ‘weed_standard_dev’. Should I change it for each patch directory or how it should be done?

Regards
Narayanee