Variable size in bytes OperatorException

Great! Thanks alot! We are going to try it right now!

In which branch/where have you commit this update, so we can try?
Thanks.

It is on the master branch and also on the 3.x maintenance branch.

It’s also released to our update center. And SNAP installations can be updated.

Thanks Marco.
I tried to update my installation of the master branch (4.0-alpha-01) using the indications found in https://senbox.atlassian.net/wiki/display/SNAP/Update+SNAP+from+the+command+line, however I receive:

snap --nosplash --nogui --modules --update-all
Updates not found
updates=0

or

snap --nosplash --nogui --modules --update org.esa.snap.snap.gpf
Nothing to update. The pattern [org.esa.snap.snap.gpf] has no match among available updates.
updates=0

Is there any additional step I should do? Thank you.

OK, I tried updating the stable version of snap3.0 instead and I could find your changes. Will try this version now. Thanks

For the 4.0 branch there is no updatecenter yet. Because 4.0 is not released.
If you build the master (4.0) branch your self you have the change already in the source code.

It seems to be working. We don’t get an exception anymore. Actually, we don’t get any feedback - we don’t see the warning in the standard output. Is it sent somewhere else?

No actually is not written somewhere else. You should see a line similar to this one.
WARNING: org.esa.snap.core.gpf.common.SubsetOp: No intersection with source product boundary S2A_OPER_MTD_SAFL1C_PDMC_20160128T093128_R108_V20160126T104630_20160126T104630

Have you build it on your own or do you use the installed and updated application?

While testing, I fear, I have found some major problem. For me it seems that gpt does not use the updated modules only those which are already installed.
I will investigate this further.

I am using the installed and updated version, not my own build.

I actually always received the following message when running gpt:

SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/opt/s1tbx-snap3.0/snap/modules/ext/org.esa.snap.snap-netcdf/org-slf4j/slf4j-simple.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/opt/s1tbx-snap3.0/bin/…/snap/modules/ext/org.esa.snap.snap-netcdf/org-slf4j/slf4j-simple.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an explanation.
SLF4J: Actual binding is of type [org.slf4j.impl.SimpleLoggerFactory]

Perhaps this is preventing me from receiving the warnings?

Don’t think so. If so you should still get the exception as I do.
So maybe it works on linux.
The reason why it is not logged is an other issue I think. I check this later.

The log messages are somehow swallowed by the executables (gpt/gpt.exe) generated by our installer.
If you invoke java in your own script the logs are shown.
Try the following script. Adapt the SNAP_HOME variable to your installation path and provide the gpt parameters as usual at the end. Instead of my graph file “/home/tester/multiGraph.xml”

SNAP_HOME='/home/tester/testing/SUT/snap-sentinel_3'

$SNAP_HOME/jre/bin/java -Dsnap.mainClass=org.esa.snap.core.gpf.main.GPT -Dsnap.home=$SNAP_HOME -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dsnap.log.level=INFO -cp $SNAP_HOME/snap/modules/ext/org.esa.snap.snap-core/org-esa-snap/snap-runtime.jar org.esa.snap.runtime.Launcher -e /home/tester/multiGraph.xml

This is the issue for it: SNAP-461

Regarding the not considered module updates on windows, I’ve found out why it is not working.
Please see this issue: SNAP-462

Hi Marco,

I lost track a bit in your discussion with Joaquim. Did you find (and solve?) in the end something causing us not to see the “No intersection warning”? I am still not seeing any but this could have to do with the fact that we have not updated for several days now…

Sven.

The missing logging was caused by our installer. It will be fixed with the next release.
In the mean time you can add the following line to the gpt.vmoptions file:

-Dinstall4j.noLoggingFix=true

This should ensure that the normal logging takes places.

Best Regards
Marco

Dear Marco,
Thank you for looking into this. I confirm that now we see a SubsetOp warning instead of an error.

Best Regards,
Joaquim

Hi Marco,

In every execution of the gpt I see the following message:
WARNING: org.esa.snap.core.util.ServiceFinder: Can’t search for SPIs, not a directory: /mnt/ssd/sar-out/.snap/snap-python

What does this mean?
The directory snap-python does not exist, but there is a snap-jython instead.

Thanks,
Joaquim

This is an unnecessary warning. If you would have configured python for snap you would have this directory.
Obviously you haven’t configured python and don’t want to use it, SNAP should not complain about this not existing directory.
Probably we need to check first if it is necessary to scan for SPIs.
I’ll note this.

Thanks! It is a very minor thing, but now you know about it. :wink: