Workflow between SNAP and StaMPS

Hello,
I think you have this error cause your working directory on matlab should be the “INSAR_…” folder not the “PATCH_1” folder. try to re-lunch matlab from your INSAR folder and re-run stamps.
I hope this was helpful.
Good luck

ABraun solved my error. Thank you for your response.

Software will calculate the values according to yearly basis. If you have imagery for 5 years then software will divide the result by 5 to get yearly value and if you work on 6 month then it will divide the value by 0.5 so it gives the results in yearly basis.

I hope it helped.

this is an approximation for shorter periods but based on the assumption that the deformation rate is constant over the investigated period.

1 Like

Hi @ABraun,
Regarding your answer to @Giova - I was just processing a small area (city of about 300,000 citizens).
I took one burst only - IW1 - and splitted out strips 4-6 for coregistration, then applied subset fot the AOI.
I wanted to go on with deburst, but I get the following error -
Screenshot from 2021-03-03 15-31-00

I though that the reason is that there is nothing to deburst since the AOI lies in single burst and strip, so I continued and created interferogram.
When I tried to StaMPS export it, I got the following error -

So since I cant deburst - what is happening here??

Thank you,
Oded

first you deburst, then you make a subset. But be careful - the subset of the coregistered stack and the subset of the interferograms need the exact same dimensions for the StaMPS export

Oh, it matters?
It would take a lot of time for nothing, I thought I can avoid it…
Why do I HAVE TO deburst?

So, the process have to be coreg - ifg - deburst - subset in this order?
Thank you,
Oded

yes. SLC data ist stored in separate sub-swaths and bursts, there is no way to avoid TOPS Deburst.
But as I said, the extent of the subset of the coregistered stack (first input of the StaMPS export) and the subset of the interferogram stack (second input) must be the same.

@ABraun
May I know what was the solution? I’m currently encountering the same error- I replaced the ps_load_initial_gamma.m and restarted matlab; Patch 1 seems to have been processed this time, but the error now has occurred for Patch 2.

This error message (index exceeds bounds) can have many reasons. When I got it in step 2, it was caused by a missing elevation band.

Please open one of the products from the ifg folder and check if all bands are valid.

Screenshot of the orthorectified latitude band is attached; the longitude band is similar. All other bands seem to be without issue; are the orthorectified bands correct though?

Yes, looks alright. None of then should be empty.

Edit: Now I am also getting this error, regardless of the DEM and lat/lon bands. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Strangely, the same workflow produced no error with another dataset from a different papartf the world. So it must be caused by something in the data.
Does yours contain sea surface?

Multiple lakes, but relatively small total area compared to that occupied by urban features.

what exactly does your error message say and after which console output does it occur?

Is possible to execute the operations that you listed above with the graph builder?

I need to use the GPT because I am using python scripts of Snap2Stamps and I would like to compute with the scripts also these operations.

Thanks,
Eugenia

currently, snap2stamps does not support multi-subswath processing.

I am using the following version of Snap2Stamps, for multi-subswath processing:

and I am trying to fix the problem with the export for StaMPS.

Following your solution with SNAP Desktop I make the Export.

Now I am trying to do the same things (add elevation band and add orthorectifiedLat and orthorectifiedLon bands) with GPT but I don’t know how to create the bands orthorectifiedLat and orthorectifiedLon with the Graph builder.

sorry, the number of external tools and packages is steadily increasing. We cannot provide support for every user-developed package as well. Maybe someone has experience with the tool you mentioned.

Here is the latest result

Again, it first occurred while first processing Patch 1 (PS selection is no longer zero), and then, after replacing ps_load_initial_gamma.m and restarting matlab, I ran stamps(1,1), which resulted in the above.

okay, my error comes up at step 2, so these might not be related.
Where did you download the alternative ps_load_initial.m script?