Optical image fusion

Hello,everyone.I have to use insar to generate dem with interested region by snap,now i want to use the optical image to extract the building contour information from dem which was generated.Thereby extracting the dem of a single building from the whole dem,the optical image I used was landsat8. Could your give me some suggestions,thanks.

Extracting building heights from InSAR requires very high resolution InSAR products and I think there is high potential due to errors caused by radar shadow and signal overlap.
In turn, the resolution of Landsat 8 is 15m at best, so I see a greater mismatch in resolutions regarding this approach.

Maybe you can explain a bit more detailled what you want to achieve.

Oh,First thank you for your reminder.:slight_smile: I would like to study is based on high-resolution data on the building of the three-dimensional information extraction, so I first use insar technology to generate dem, but the generated dem is a complete area. For example, if I want to identify one of the buildings in the dem, but I can not figure out the building I need in the figure, so I want to sure whether or not combine the high-resolution optical image to extract the exterior of a separate building Contours, and then separate a single building from the generated dem to determine the difference between it and the height of the actual building.

would it be an option to extract the building from the optical data into a polygon and then use the polygon on the SAR data to get the location of the building?

yes,I have recently considered how to achieve this idea,but i don’t whether it can be achieved by snap,could you give some suggestions or recommend articles on this aspect?thanks.

if the image can be visually detected in the optical data you maybe can retrieve it by a classification or clustering algorithm and then you can create a mask out of its borders and apply the mask to the SAR image. Should all be possible in SNAP.

oh,[quote=“ABraun, post:6, topic:6222”]
you maybe can retrieve it by a classification or clustering algorithm and then you can create a mask out of its borders and apply the mask to the SAR image.
[/quote]

if i retrieve it by classification, is the step “radar>classification>unsupervised or supervised classification”?

that totally depends on your image and your approach :slight_smile: There is no right or wrong I guess.

OK, thank you.

Abraun Sir

What is the difference between Collocation and Create stack for image fusion.

Collocation uses two images, stacking multiple images.

1 Like

Thank you Abraun sir…My next question is what is the next step after collocation to fuse the images. Please reply Abraun sir.

Answered here: Image Fusion Using Sentinel 1 and Sentinel 2
Please stick to one topic instead of cross-posting.

Sorry sir for cross posting.