8.0.x, CentOS 7, jblas, static and dynamic libraries

I am attempting to run ESD in 8.0.x, and I receive the errors below similar to those reported in: 27386, 24522, and 12023 . My CentOS 7 system upgrades are up to date. I have libgfortran3, 4, and 5 (which contain libquadmath?). My libgfortran references GLIBC_(2.14, 2.17, and older). My libm.so.6 includes GLIBC_2.15, and older.

@jun_lu Solution: at least for Linux with GLIBC older than 2.23, remove snap/s1tbx/modules/ext/org.jlinda.jlinda-* and replace with versions from SNAP 7.0.x.
i.e.: /bin/ln -fs snap_7.0.x/s1tbx/modules/ext/org.jlinda.jlinda-* snap_8.0.x/s1tbx/modules/ext/
I believe the problem is that 8.0.x jblas.jar includes a static build of libquadmath, that references a dynamic libm.so.6 at version GLIBC_2.23, which I and other distros do not have.

Errors:
– org.jblas ERROR Couldn’t load copied link file: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /tmp/jblas1765013077950375873/libquadmath-0.so: /usr/lib64/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.23’ not found (required by /tmp/jblas1765013077950375873/libquadmath-0.so).
SEVERE [org.esa.snap]: JAI error occurred: ‘Problem occurs when computing a tile by the owner.’ at com.sun.media.jai.util.SunTileScheduler@4e40619b
java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: org.jblas.NativeBlas.dcopy(I[DII[DII)V

@marpet, @oana_hogoiu, @MartinoF - can one of you check this. We are probably testing with Ubuntu (or similar) but it is important to also test with Redhat/CentOS/Fedora.

Martino is not anymore part of the project. Instead @FlorianD has joined.

I’m not sure if we can test with so many Unix distros. Testing would take ages to finish. But I leave this to the others.

I thought the jblas issue was solved for SNAP 8.
[SITBX-769] Investigate if we can replace jblas - JIRA (atlassian.net)
maybe @jun_lu or @lveci can check this report?

Hello,
This issue have been noticed in other projects using SNAP 8.
The GLIBC error may come from the fact that some binaries are compiled on newer Linux versions, and they may not work on older distros, like CentOS7, Ubuntu 14.04, 16.04.
On Ubuntu 20.04, after installing libgfortran5, things are OK.
So, on your CentOS 7, you can use a docker containg Ubuntu 20.04 and SNAP 8, as a workaround (but this depends how you want to use SNAP, it you need only GPT or not).