A Sneak Peek on Upcoming SNAP 9

Originally published at: A Sneak Peek on Upcoming SNAP 9 – STEP

Dear SNAP Users, the next release of SNAP is at the horizon, and we wanted to share a sneak peek on the new features you can expect for SNAP 9. Please look at the section below to learn about some of the new features and enhancements. SNAP The new ZNAP data format is considered as…

17 Likes

First of all, thank you so much for all hard working snap group members. Very nice to hear. :grinning:
Is there any update regarding SBAS?

2 Likes

Yes, SNAP 9 will support PyRate for open-source SBAS-processing.

2 Likes

Very exciting news! we have been expecting SNAP 9 for quite a lone time.
Bye the way, I hope new version of SNAP can improve a little bit about the export to ENVI format:
the ‘coordinate system string’ in the .hdr file should have modifications for the PROJECS, GEOGCS , DATUM and SPHEROID string ,like the following: {PROJCS[“WGS_1984_UTM_Zone_51N”,GEOGCS[“GCS_WGS_1984”,DATUM[“D_WGS_1984”,SPHEROID[“WGS_1984”

the current strings for these map projection definitions (like the foloowing) are not compatible with ENVI:
{PROJCS[“WGS 84 / UTM zone 51N”, GEOGCS[“WGS 84”, DATUM[“World Geodetic System 1984”, SPHEROID[“WGS 84”, …

‘World Geodetic System 1984’ in map info string should also be modified to ‘WGS-84’.
Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the report. I fear this improvement will not be included in the next release, but I have created an issue for this, and it will be scheduled for the future development.
[SNAP-1509] Projection string not compatible with ENVI - JIRA (atlassian.net)

Thank you @mengdahl. I’m using snap2stamps python code for PSI processing, Is there any python code available for SBAS processing?

Yes, PyRate by Geoscience Australia does exactly that.

3 Likes

Can you please share the link?

GitHub - GeoscienceAustralia/PyRate: A Python tool for estimating velocity and time-series from Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar (InSAR) data.

5 Likes

I’d like to thank the developers team to have PyRate in the SNAP. I needed this option for several years.

1 Like

Are there any news about the release date?

1 Like

Should we expect support for Landsat Collection 2 in the upcoming release?

Collection 2 is already support in SNAP/S3TBX v8.
It has been included in update 8.0.4 of the S3TBX.

And the SNAP 9 release is not far away anymore.

3 Likes

Thanks for enlightenment, anxiously waiting SNAP 9.

you also have the SBAS_snap2stamps implementation that is on the forum. @ABraun , who was the author?

You mean the topic of @dongyusen? Please test the SBAS_snap2stamps

2 Likes

Hello, actually it was intended to release SNAP 9 before LPS22.
Unfortunately, this didn’t work out. But stay tuned after LPS.

Hi, SNAP 9 is now up. Does it include PyRate? Thanks

It does, but I don’t see the item in the menus. @mcvittal is checking this out.

1 Like