Able to import Sentinel 2, unable to import Sentinel 3

Hi everyone,

I have the latest SNAP version and latest updates installed on my laptop.

I faced a problem where I could not open the Sentinel 3 level 1 FR image by any ways, including via “Open Product -> select the zipped folder or xfdumanifest file” or via “Import -> Optical Sensors -> Sentinel 3 -> Sentinel 3 -> select xfdumanifest file”. That was written that “SNAP cannot read product file”.

I tried to open via single netCDF files. It did open. And the band files were then manually merged into one product, except for geocoding where I actually need that long-lat information.

Did I miss something? I would be very happy if you could share your expertise to fix my problem.

Cheers,
Aldila

Additional information: I tried to open Sentinel 2 via selecting its zipped folder, and it worked. I don’t know why it didn’t work with Sentinel 3.

For Sentinel-3 it is not implemented to read from the zip file directly. But that doesn’t explain why you can’t open them by selecting the xfdumanifest.xml file.

Can you attach the log file, please? You can find it by selecting from the menu Help / Show Log Directory. Make sure to reproduce the error first and then attach the messages.log file.

Hi Marpet.

Yes, I could. Here is the log file that I recently reproduced.

messages.log (66.7 KB)

It appears that you have changed the directory name where the xfdumanifest.xml file is contained in.
It should end with .SEN3.

I manually renamed the folder to have end with “.SEN3”. And the problem was solved. Thank you Marco Peters.

Cheers,
Aldila

1 Like