After update: Provider com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxInputFactory not found

SNAP 8 on Windows 10 gave this error after installing updates. I am attaching messages.log.messages.log (71.5 KB)

Thanks for the report George. Is the world map view broken when you see this message or is something else not working? Or is just this message logged?
@lveci Can you check what’s going wrong?

So far the SNAP GUI hasn’t had any problems, viewing files. Worldview seems good.

I did not see any errors for the upgrade on linux (Fedora 33) or another Windows 10 (Enterprise) system. The problem system just got “Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H1”, so this could very well be breakage introduced by Microsoft. I checked “Reliability Monitor” but no issues there.

The error just came up on linux (Fedora 33, for both Wayland and X.org). The World View is empty except for the “Off Globe” message. All three systems use Intel integrated graphics.

So, it is not related to windows update or the OS itself.
I just updated my SNAP installation with the latest updates and the World View is still working.
But I get also the exception “javax.xml.stream.XMLInputFactory: Provider com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxInputFactory not found”

In your log I see:
WARNING [org.netbeans.ProxyClassLoader]: Will not load class com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxInputFactory arbitrarily from one of ModuleCL@6e751c5f[org.esa.snap.snap.product.library] and ModuleCL@4fc19dfb[org.esa.s1tbx.s1tbx.cloud] starting from SystemClassLoader[256 modules]; see http://wiki.netbeans.org/DevFaqModuleCCE
SEVERE [global]

This is a good hint. I’ve overlooked it before.

The reason for this error is that the new module s1tbx-cloud adds a second source for the class. The Classloader does not know which one to use.
@lveci Can you fix this.
Both, the s1tbx-cloud and snap-product-library use the abdera-core dependency which has a dependency to org.codehaus.woodstox:wstx-asl. One uses version 3.2.6 and the other 1.1.3.
I noticed that both modules export the package javax, or javax.xml. I think this should not be necessary.
If this is a common dependency it should be moved and made public in the snap-core. But it is not yet commonly used to justify that.

There is an issue for this problem: [SITBX-847] Error “WstxInputFactory not found” caused by s1tbx-cloud module - JIRA (atlassian.net)

Has this problem been solved? I have the same problem. I do not understand the above solution. Please describe it in detail.

I’m not seeing this error on my fully updated SNAP 8. Check that you have all the updates.

The original thread has a link to the problem report, but it doesn’t appear to have been fixed. Is the World View window working for you? If you don’t need the s1tbx you can try deactivating it in the Tools/Plugins window from the “Installed” tab.

A post was split to a new topic: NullPointerException when using Offset Tracking