Assemble and Merge ENVISAT Images

Dear all,

I would like to assemble the Envisat images in each of these orbits (Down and Top status) and then, merge overlapped images in these orbits together. Could you please let me know I can do this process or not? and which software can I use to do it? I know using the raw datasets of Envisat and ROI_PAC but I am not sure about the SNAP software.

I do really appreciate if anybody can guide and help me to find a solution. You can see the situation of my considered orbits in the following:

Best regards,
Sayyed

What is the goal of this process?

In case only for show, you could use SAR Mosaic Or SAR Mosaic wizard From Radar tab —> Geometric —> SAR Mosaic, SAR Mosaic wizard.

Also , you could apply orbit for each individual image and apply Multilook and TC. and then mosaic them.

However, if you intend to apply InSAR, I think with SNAP the only possibilities are, to process each individual pair separately and then mosaic the results.

I would like to do a long-term investigation of deformation by InSAR time-series.

Could you please let me know how I can mosaic the results of these parts together?

Let’s suppose you’ll select the left upper red frame, in this case this frame should has two passes pairs, you’ll create the single infgrm as I assume you apply simple DInSAR, Similarly you’ll create the same to the lower left read and upper and lower right blue, also if you like to apply the GASCO AC. then the final step is to create mosaic to gather all scenes in one.

That’s great. Then, I can use these IFGs exported in StaMPS format to do the time-series processing. YES? Now, the important point is similarity between the dates of a set of eight images to generate a set of four DInSAR IFGs. I know the dates of upper and lower red frame are equal and also upper and lower of blue frame but the red and blue frames are not in the same date. So, is it possible to do your suggestion?

In case the number of tiles are enough to apply PSI, yes, But I was talking about the single infgm,

In this context you’ll decide how to depict the results, I made suggestion only to the technical process.

@falahfakhri Thank you for your suggestion. I think to process all of these four parts separately and then choose the same reference point for all to fix all of them. Do you think this progress can be wrong in terms of scientific view?

In case the reference point is stable and it’s located in the common area of these four scenes, I think it’s correct and quite comparable results.

1 Like