Atmospheric and terrain correction - some theoretical questions

Hello all,

I’ve run sen2cor version 2.3.1. with python 2.7.
I have three little issues I can’t figure out and hope there are some genius people around that can help me!

My study site has very rugged terrain and I need to perform a terrain correction. I understand that sen2cor only accepts DEM input from user side in DTED-1 format. I have a DEM with 30m resolution but it seems sen2cor can’t use it. Is this correct? The options are either the default 90m SRTM or a DTED-1 file which also has latitudinal and longitudinal spacings of 3 arc seconds, thus also about 90 m. Is there a way to use my 30 m DEM? I’ve also tried to use the 30 m DEM as .tif and as DTED-2 input, but for each sen2cor downloaded the default DEM.

Another questions comes from the algorithm used in the aerosol retrieval. When I study the L2A-ATBD (issue 2) document, the aerosol retrieval is explained, but I fail to understand where the B1-band comes into play? It is obviously used to atmospheric correction but I can’t figure out how.

Similar question about the Cirrus detection algorithm. How is the Cloud_low_probability computed? I understand the differentiation based on B10 and the further distinction depending on the thresholds set for the cloud propability computed in the cloud detection, but how is the Cloud_low_probability gained?

I hope these are not too many questions at once… Any help is highly appreciated!!
Best regards!