Building a Temporal Composite - Level 3 Binning?

Im looking to make a simple temporal composite of L2a Sentinel 2 data. I have attempted using level 3 binning to do so. I am applying 3 masks of medium and high probability of cloud and cloud shadow.

Aggregator = B2, B3, B4 AVG.
Valid Pixel Expresson = “not scl_cloud_high_proba or scl_cloud_medium_proba or scl_cloud_shadow”

Rest of the inputs are defauts.

The process is completed within a second and the output is black representing NaN over the entire image. Is level 3 binning the correct tool?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

There are two problems. The minor one is that the expression should be:

not (scl_cloud_high_proba or scl_cloud_medium_proba or scl_cloud_shadow)

Probably you just forgot the parentheses.

And the data must be resampled beforehand. If you use a multi-size product like Sentinel-2 they are rejected.
Unfortunately, this is not shown in the GUI. Only if you use the binning on the command line or if you open the log file (Help / Show Log Directory).

In the log you can see messages like:

WARNING [org.esa.snap]: Filtered out product 'G:\EOData\related\S2A_MSIL2A_20170502T110621_N0205_R137_T30SUJ_20170502T110937.zip'
WARNING [org.esa.snap]:               reason: Product with rasters of different size are not supported yet.
WARNING [org.esa.snap]: Filtered out product 'G:\EOData\related\S2A_MSIL2A_20170502T110621_N0205_R137_T30SUH_20170502T110937.zip'
WARNING [org.esa.snap]:               reason: Product with rasters of different size are not supported yet.

I have noted this as a bug (SNAP-947). Of course. this should also be mentioned in the Desktop application.