C2R-CC for OLCI

Hello,
Does the C2R-CC processor include the vicarious calibration in version 1.0 ?
thanks.

No this will come with the next update

Hello @marpet.
I want to apply vicarious calibration on Sentinel 3 OLCI data and perform atmospheric correction with C2RCC using gpt and a processing graph.
Before I go further, I have a question: Does C2RCC processor (version 2.1, SNAP 8) include vicarious calibration?
Thank you.
Ionut

C2RCC does not include gains, but why do you think you need them? They can be included in the xml for the GPT. Do you calculate your own gains?

Dear @abruescas,
Thank you for your answer.
I would like to compare the results of c2rcc.olci processor with and without gains applied. I checked this post Batch process subset, idepix, c2rcc on OLCI - s3tbx - STEP Forum (esa.int) but I couldn`t make the graph work for me. I am still working on that. First, I still do not exactly understand how gains are applied with this expression: “feq(Oa01_radiance, 913.9812317630276, 1.0e-4) ? NaN : Oa01_radiance / ${Oa01_vic}”, within the node id=“vicarious”, operator BandMaths.
I attached also the graph from that post. subset_SVC_idepix_c2rcc_update.xml (16.2 KB)
Thank you very much for your help,
Ionut.

Hi @serban.ioan,

I made a FAQ entry which explains how to apply SVC gains on OLCI data.
Please take a look here:

1 Like

Hi @marpet,

I am using the olci_vicarious_c2rcc.xml graph from the FAQ entry but am getting this error:

> Error: [NodeId: vicarious] Could not parse expression: 'feq(Oa01_radiance, 913.9812317630276, 1.0e-4) ? NaN : Oa01_radiance * 0.97546'. Undefined symbol 'Oa01_radiance'.

The processing still runs and data is created, but I am wondering if it is correctly applying the SVC gains? Have you seen this error before?

Thanks,
Anna

If Oa01_radiance is not defined as symbol, then usually the input does not contain the band. Actually also the processing should stop.
That it is still processing sounds weird.

Hi @marpet ,
do you have an idea where I can find the SVC gains that C2RCC uses for S3a, b or does it use no svc gains and one need to apply it manually?
I have used c2rcc v.2.1.
Thanks a lot for your help!
Bennet

The SVC gains haven’t been integrated into the processor yet.
The FAQ Entry is still valid. And there are also the gains provided in the property files.
How to apply system vicarious calibration gains before C2RCC computation?

Thanks a lot for the quick reply!