Cannot construct DataBuffer (S1 Calibration)

I don’t think there is a metadata tag for it, sorry.
May I ask why does it matter to you if the image is acquired at day or at night?

because I am going to collect soil moisture samples and I have to take the measurement exactly at the time Sentinel-1 overpass my study area which is found in Ethiopia and the time difference of Ethiopia from UTC is +3 it is found in Eastern Africa Time zone (EAT) but am not clear that the image is taken in UTC AM or UTC PM

UTC is actually a 24 hour scheme and doesn’t make use of AM or PM

You can use this converter to see which EAT corresponds to which UTC https://savvytime.com/converter/eat-to-utc

Hello. I have got a problem of getting an image of Sentinel -1 the last image which was taken in my study was on 03/08/2019 Since the revisit time of this satellite is 12 days I should have an image in 1408/2019 but there is no image after 03/08/2019 does some one has the clue why this is happning?

you can check for changes in the acquisition sements here: https://sentinel.esa.int/web/sentinel/missions/sentinel-1/observation-scenario/acquisition-segments

thank you I have checked the link you gave me and in that page, it says an image is available in my study area on 14/08/2019 but still, the image is not uploaded in Copernicus hub home page. does it takes so long to upload it?

usually the data is there quite quickly but there can always be some delay. If it is part of the official plan, it will be uploaded at least.

1 Like

HI ther can you tell me how can i make georeferencing to an image in SNAP

This depends on what kind of image you use. Please share more information on your data.

am using sentinel-1 image and i have done the terrain correction but i want to make georeferencing by adding Gcp which is collected from the study area for more accuracy but i don’t know how to do it

I was asking a similar questions quite some time ago and I was told that the terrain correction module is not using any manually imported GCPs

I am not sure if the GCPs in the manager somehow help to shift or adjust the image to adjusted coordinates or not.

Okay or is there is a way to make the georeferencing in other software like Gis and and bring it back to SNAP

The georeferencing tools in ArcMap or QGIS allow to set points and assign coordinates to them to shift the raster. But afterwards, the metadata (which might be required in SNAP) are gone, depending on your further processing.

Alright thank you

Terrain corrected S-1 GRD should have a georeferencing accuracy within a few meters (sub-pixel), provided that your DEM is good. What is your actual use-case?

I want to estimate soil moisture content from it

Ok, but is it really the case that sub-10m location accuracy is not enough?

I really don’t know but my advisory strongly comment me to make Geo referencing

You can do it with SNAP, using the SRTM DEM. GCPs are not needed.

okay thank you