Cannot open Sentinel 2 ZIP file

Hello. I saw that there is a similar topic, but my problem is different.
Until yesterday 03/27/2023 I had no problem opening any files from Sentinel 2. Today it won’t let me open ZIP files. If I try to open another file - subset , collocation…, no problem.
I tried unzipping the file and opening MTD_MSIL2A.xml, but the same problem comes up.
The message is:
java.io.IOException: Cannot open C:\Users\eliya\AppData\Local\Temp\snap-eliya\1679955806832-0\S2A_MSIL2A_20200510T090601_N0214_R050_T35TLG_20200512T164010.SAFE\GRANULE\L2A_T35TLG_A025501_20200510T090924\IMG_DATA\R60m\T35TLG_20200510T090601_B01_60m.jp2
at org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.s2.ortho.Sentinel2OrthoProductReader.addBands(Sentinel2OrthoProductReader.java:594)
at org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.s2.ortho.Sentinel2OrthoProductReader.readProduct(Sentinel2OrthoProductReader.java:268)
at org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.s2.Sentinel2ProductReader.readProductNodesImpl(Sentinel2ProductReader.java:198)
at org.esa.snap.core.dataio.AbstractProductReader.readProductNodes(AbstractProductReader.java:178)
at org.esa.s2tbx.dataio.s2.ortho.Sentinel2OrthoProductReaderProxy.readProductNodes(Sentinel2OrthoProductReaderProxy.java:90)
at org.esa.snap.core.dataio.ProductIO.readProduct(ProductIO.java:182)
[catch] at org.esa.snap.rcp.actions.file.ReadProductOperation.run(ReadProductOperation.java:61)
at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:1443)
at org.netbeans.modules.openide.util.GlobalLookup.execute(GlobalLookup.java:68)
at org.openide.util.lookup.Lookups.executeWith(Lookups.java:303)
at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:2058)

I am attaching a picture of the message that appears.

Are you sure that the zip file is still there?
Since it is in a temp directory that might have since been cleaned up deleted by your OS.

That’s the weird thing. The file is located in a folder elsewhere. ZIP files are not moved. There was no problem opening at all the day before.

We have been able to reproduce the problem and are in the process of investigating it.
We will get back to you when we have news.

The ticket for this issue: Sentinel Application Platform - Issues - JIRA (atlassian.net)

1 Like

Hello, @EliaSt,

Do you have the GDAL installed on your system and PROJ_LIB environment variable set?

Regards
Adrian

Hello!
This is the info I found for the GDAL. I’m not sure where I should find more about the PROJ_LIB environment variable set. :slight_smile:

Hello @EliaSt ,

It seems that there is no GDAL version installed on your system. You have to check the “Use internal GDAL version from SNAP (3.2.1)” option, restart SNAP, and try to open the Sentinel 2 product.

Hello!

I did what you recommended but it still shows the same message. Again, I have no problem opening other .dim files, just the ZIP files.

Hi @EliaSt

I had the same issue.
Deleting the folder C:<user_dir>.snap\auxdata\gdal helped me. Afterwards it worked.

Thank you very much! :blush: I deleted the folder and now the ZIP files open. :+1:

1 Like

Hello

I have exactly the same problem, I can’t open an S2A_MSIL2A file with SNAP, I followed all the suggestions step by step, but nothing works for me.
Any other ideas on how I can fix this problem?

1 Like

Now I am having this problem, and deleting the gdal either helped