Cannot start L2A_Process

Hey there!
I am new to Sentinel-2 data and the processing procedures using the Sentinel-2 Toolbox.
According to the guides I installed Anaconda (Python 2.7) under ‘Program Files’ (C:), installed Snap 4.0. Then I checked if the Python version was correct. Next, I used the cmd to install sen2cor with ‘python setup.py install’.
After all of this was done, I wanted to check if L2A_Process would work and it did not. Entering ‘L2A_Process --help’ just gave me the results that it could not be found…

Any suggestions for this?

Thanks in advance

Can you copy the message you got?

Well, it just gives me the typical Windows cmd output, that appears if the process or file that I just typed in, does not exist.
Is there a way to check if Sen2Cor was installed correctly?’

If I try it directly in SNAP, this is the Error Message:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\sen2cor-2.2.1-py2.7.egg/sen2cor/L2A_Process.py”, line 7, in
from tables import *
ImportError: No module named tables
Process exited with value 1
Finished tool execution in 11 seconds

Thanks!

Alright I just solved the issue with an answer from another thread by eblondel. It seems that the sen2cor package was simply installed in the wrong python directory (python27 and not in the anaconda2 directory). The explanation in the setup.pdf provided is a bit misleading in this case.

“Open anaconda 2 command prompt then unzip the sen2corr package in the
same folder of anaconda2 under the users folders then
C:…\Anaconda2\python.exe setup.py install.”

1 Like

Hey!
Another error just came up. After everything was set up properly I tried to run the process. My goal was to process a single tile (one of the folders inside the GRANULE folder). I started the processes from within the GRANULE folder with this command:

L2A_Process S2A_OPER_MSI_L1C_TL_SGS__20160608T153121_A005024_T32UPB_N02.02 --resolution=20

From what I read in the manual this should be correct.

However, it seems like there is a problem with the paths. somewhere… Here is the error

Sentinel-2 Level 2A Prototype Processor (Sen2Cor), 2.2.1, created: 2016.04.29 started …
WindowsError: [Error 3] Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden: u’\
?\C:\Users\ku58xov\Desktop\PhD\Data\S2A_OPER_PRD_MSIL1C_PDMC_20160608T21
0959_R022_V20160608T101220_20160608T101220.SAFE\HTML\.

So what it says is that it can’t find the the path. I really don’t know where this comes from.

I’d be glad for any suggestions!

Actually I installed Sen2Cor correctly executing the setup.py with the Python.exe in the Anaconda directory, but I get the same error you got…

File “C:\Anaconda\Lib\site-packages\sen2cor-2.2.1-py2.7.egg/sen2cor/L2A_Process.py”, line 7, in
from tables import *
ImportError: No module named tables
Process exited with value 1
Finished tool execution in 6 seconds

I tried to run sen2cor from the snap platform for aa sentinel-2 product

But the installation has been done properly . What could be the problem then?

Hey Antonio,

the sen2cor only ‘works’ from the command line. Using the plugin in Snap still gives me the same message.

That is a starting point! do you know if anyone said about this issue or if there is any thread about it?

Hi c3po

I don’t know but maybe the error could be that you used the wrong input command. You dont need a ‘=’ but a ’ '.

L2A_Process S2A_OPER_MSI_L1C_TL_SGS__20160608T153121_A005024_T32UPB_N02.02 --resolution 20

Else regarding processing only a tile: You need to process with the full structure. This means you need to be in the main directory. If you only want to process one tile of the whole dataset, then you can delete the other *N02.02 folders in GRANULE or move them together in a subfolder, then sen2cor should ignore them.

Cheers,
Andreas

Honestly for me putting a “=” before the chosen resolution value make it works from.command shell. Have you got any idea about why sen2cor does not work.if started from the integrated plugin of SNAP 4.0

So for me the problem was that Anaconda was installed under C:, which then probably led to administrative issues. Additionally, I had to install tables and numpy manually (pip install numpy/tables).
The processing works from the cmd now. I haven’t tried it in Snap again since it’s more convenient for me this way.

And the missing “=” didn’t make any difference for me… it works with AND without.

@antonio19812: Maybe your problem could also be related to the system variables and their definition. Just check some other threads in the forum. There were a lot of people facing this problem.