Canopy height estimaton in PolsarPro V5, baseline estimation is missing

Hello!

I want to estimate canopy heights out of Sentinel-1, Radarsat-2, TD-X and TS-X data (dual- and quad-pol) with the different algorithms implemented in polSARpro v.5. Therefore I am using different tutorials from Eric Pottier.
But unfortunately the tutorials name a function called “baseline estimation” that is used to create a so called kz file. This one is than necessary to apply the height estimation algorithms like DEM Differencing and RVoG inversion correctly.
For example in http://esaconferencebureau.com/custom/15C12/D3_C2_5_1300_Pottier.pdf the function is shown in page 24 under flat earth estimation. I am using exactly the same version but I don’t have the button “baseline estimation”.
I also tried the older version 4.2 of PolSARpro. Here I have the button, but if I want to use it the warning “under construction” occurs.

So my quesion is:
How can I generate the required kz file?

Thank you

Hello
In order to estimate the height you need kz and flat_earth files. these files can be generated using PolSARProSim toolbox. Have a look at this tutorial that explains about it in more details:

Hope it helps!

Hello @MP389 ,
thank you for your help. I know that it is possible to estimate the wavenumber within the PolSARProSimulator, but than it is just kz-file for this simulation and not for my real data or am I wrong? Well maybe I can try to use the geometric configuration to create a kz-file for my data, what do you mean?
Thank you

HI,
I have as problem as you. could you explain for me how can i create kz file?

Sorry, I did not find a solution in PolSARpro either