Can't open Sentinel 2 Level 2A image in Snap 5.0

@Nyss82

Hi Nyssrine,

My cache file is at the highest level on my C: drive (so C:\cache ). Within it is …\s2tbx\l2a-reader\6.0.0-SNAPSHOT

Cheers

Jan

Hi obarrilero,
Thank you for the help, now its work finalyyy,
i use 7zip and its work i can open the product,
and i use SNAP 6.0 and i can open directly the product without unzip

thank youu again :slight_smile:

Hello Jan,
Now i can confirm too, its worked finalyyy.
thank you.

1 Like

Hi Omar
I have the same problem for openning S2MSI level2A
snap 5,0 cannot open it ,but Grassgis 6.0 does , so it does not seems something like unzipping
Anyway all SAFE files with 10m , 20m and 60m resolution .jp2000 separated in different files always makes problems.
only
Just have a look to attached screenshot
Thanks a lot
bruno

you should install SNAP 6.0 to go sure: http://step.esa.int/main/download/

Abraun
Thanks for the idea
But how to upgrade , ??
Erase the previous snap5.0: nothing found in the forum
Bruno

just download the latest version and start the installer. You will be asked if you want to replace the existing one.

Abraun
Sorry but does not work any better ! with snap6.0
the files are opened with grassgis so the file should not be corrupted
I tried also to open the zip file directly in the "product explorer " : does not works either
here is the file
S2B_MSIL2A_20180406T105029_N0207_R051_T31UDP_20180406T125448.SAFE

Three days of hard work for nothing :working with Grassgis is not that easy ! and i have only 60m resolution LAI

I cannot reproduce your issue, I downloaded your scene and could open it without any erros

I opened it with File > Import > Optical Sensors > Sentinel-2 > S2MSI L2A > MTD_MSIL2A.xml

Sorry
perhaps am I dumb stupid
with your advice ,all I get is this

“no valid tiles associated with product MTD_MSIL2A xml”

I already have downloaded a new file

I am still on 32 bit , is it an issue ?
Many thanks anyway !!!
Bruno

sounds like your product wasn’t downloaded / extracted completely. But if you can open it in GRASS there must be something else. Did you test it on another computer?

You are great to me
So I used another computer Linux/ ubuntu with Grass and opened all 10m and 20 m resolution one by one : each individual "image " is imported separately. Grass works easily with different resolutions and or sentinel/landsat 8 images

must be something weird with the MTD_MSIL2A xml
as if the "adress " of each IMG_DATA files was not the right one
The big issue is that I need desperately this Safe file because it is the only one in more than 6 weeks
I had the same problem with this type of safe folder : it has another hierarchy of files in it .
the images are classified by resolution :all 10m in a folder , all 20m in another and the 60m ,another named respectively R10m,R20m, R60m
How is it that I cannot open the zip folder( 1140Mb ) with snap6.0
I hope I have been clear
Bruno

I don’t know if I understand you right but you have to select the MTD file in the uppermost folder.

Abraun
I already used the uppermost MTD file , 10 times at least
Have you a “turnaround” ?
I am ready to downgrade to snap5 : my computer seems “under water” :too slow
I will download the S2MSI L1C version ,and try to transform it to L2A level
bruno

Abraun

another suggestion: I would try to donwload a partial part of the SAFE folder
Just the usefull bands and the MTD_TL.xml file (lowermost metadata file )
I read somewhere that I must rebuild a Folder with these files in a special way to read them properly
Have you the link or an description of that folder

many thanks
bruno

I don’t know that, sorry.

openning sentinel2 L2a Safe Folder

Abraun
I have some clues
first the bloody snap does not work properly :after multi re-implementation and full erase of any remaining file
second GrassGis can handle all files i cannot with snap : files are not default
third with snap 5 or 6 I have the same issue : I cannot open the SAFE folder with the r10m , r20m, and r60m folders
fourth : I can only open the 60m resolution files ,one by one with snap ,all of them ,few 20m file-bands and none 10m bands
fifth : I can open the L2A file of about 800M bit size , the one I call "classical " I used to open easily last year
my Macbook is OS X version 10.11.5

That’s all I can say
Many thanks anyway
Bruno

The support for the new L2A format was added in v 6.0.1, so you have to install SNAP version 6 and then update it in Tools->Plugins->Updates

1 Like

Many thanks
At last I will open those new format
Bruno