Cloud Removal using a shapefile

Hello there!

May I ask how can I remove a cloud in Sentinel 2 image using a digitized cloud in shapefile format? Hope you can help me. Thank you

First you impor the shapefile, then you can use the Land/Sea mask operator and select “use vector as mask”

1 Like

Thank you for this.

Anyway, Is there any tool in Snap where sentinel 2 bands and dem/SAR data can be layer stacked? Also, why is that the exported band/product from snap don’t have Wavelength value upon importing in Envi Classic?

yes, please have a look here: Synergetic use of S1 (SAR) and S2 (optical) data and use of analysis tools

Have you tried directly loading the img/hdr file inside the data folder (of the BEAM DIMAP product) in ENVI?
These actually have ENVI-conform metadata already, so no separate export should be needed

Follow-up question. Is this okay that the values attached are in thousands where in SNAP is in float? Spect

So the wavelength was correctly loaded from the img/hdr? Please give some feedback.

About the value range: The raster is stored as integer (smaller file size), but SNAP internally divides it by 10000 (the QUANTIFICATION_VALUE). Please see here: About exporting to ENVI format? or Export to ENVI failing or NDVI Export.

Hi. I have loaded the hdr file in Envi, however, I am not quite sure if this was correctly imported since there’s an error message that pop out upon importing. I still click the “OK” and the file was loaded. That’s why, I am still confirming the values of spectral profile if it’s correct. Thank you again for helping me out.

Hi. Why is it that upon dividing the band with the quantification value of 10000 (Say, B2/10000), the wavelength value in ENVI Classic disappears?

I’m not really an expert with ENVI, sorry.

No worries. I am grateful for your immediate response on my queries. Actually, I use envi for their layerstacking tool since I am not quite sure what tool to use in snap for layerstacking an Interferometry SAR (IfSAR) and Sentinel 2 bands. Is it collocation or coregistration? and if coregistration, what tool is to be used for layerstacking IfSAR and S2A bands? Thanks.

this should be possible in SNAP as well. Please check this tutorial: Synergetic use of S1 (SAR) and S2 (optical) data and use of analysis tools

Instead of InSAR data it uses Sigma0, but the principles are the same (Terrain Correction, then Collocation).

what do you mean by this? actually, my InSAR data is already processed (see img attached). I just need to layerstacked it to Sentinel 2 bands for landcover classification. Capture

I meant that you can skip the steps of the tutorial which refer to the pre-processing of the data (calibration, filtering) and continue with Terrain Correction and Collocation.

1 Like

Hi. Where can I find the Terrain Correction? I mean, do i need to perform that given that I have already resampled my InSAR to 10m in ArcGIS? (My apologies if you find me annoying for having so many questions) Thank you

If you modified the data in ArcMap, the metadata necessary for Terrain Correction is probably lost.
Is your data geocoded to the same UTM projection as the Sentinel-2 data?

Maybe you first describe what exactly you already did with the data so far.

The processed InSAR data was acquired in one of the government agencies. I just clip the study area and resampled it to 10m. I have just checked the original file and no infos on its key metadata (wavelength, min, max)

So is the processed InSAR data already geocoded?

Yes. 121000972_365793084565229_2147583481462940386_n

so could you simply stack both rasters directly in ArcMap? Sounds a bit easier to me then…

Thank you very much for this!

by the way, won’t this affect the output of the image upon detailed classification (land cover) using eCognition?