Confusing Resulting Unwrapped Image

Good day everyone. I’m new to interferometry and I’m currently working on land deformations. I followed the RUS demo on subsidence (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9__baWNmoJQ). My problem is the phase unwrapping part. I can’t get the coherence files from doing this graph;

…so I followed the instructions on how to show the coherence files from a topic from this forum (Snaphu export does not generate a corrfile)

My problem is that after doing the Snaphu Import step, the resulting unwrapped image looked too confusing and is very very different compared to the phase image from the previous step;

Phase_ifg_VV_03Apr2017_22Jun2020:

Unw_Phase_ifg_03Apr2017_22Jun2020:

It looked really wrong for me and I really don’t know where I went wrong. Hoping someone could enlighten me. I’m a graduating student and this study is crucial so that I could finally graduate. Thank you

The temporal baseline is way too long and your interferogram is just noise in most areas. Unwrapping noisew does not produce anything useful.

1 Like

What can I possibly do to further improve the results? Thank you

Please have a look at the ESA documents on the selection of suitable image pairs: InSAR Principles: Guidelines for SAR Interferometry Processing and Interpretation (ESA TM-19) (especially part B)

Many notes are also given in thse tutorials:

1 Like