Coregistration error with KOMPSAT-5 Products

Hello, I’d like to report a NullPointerException that occurred during the coregistration task of KOMPSAT-5 L1A_SCS_B products in SNAP Desktop 8.

I suspect there has been NullPointerException issue derived when it reads GIM layer.

Therefore I tried to create new DIM files without GIM layer and used that files when coregistration task. And it worked out very well.

So, I’d like to know why the problem occurs.

Have you received any issue reported from other products with GIM layer? Do you think it only occurs from the KOMPSAT-5 specifically?

I’d like to know if there is another suggestion I can apply to solve the issue or are you able to fix the problems systemically(software bugs)?

Detail of the exception is as follows.

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.esa.s1tbx.insar.gpf.coregistration.GCPManager.createKey(GCPManager.java:39)

at org.esa.s1tbx.insar.gpf.coregistration.GCPManager.getGcpGroup(GCPManager.java:50)

at org.esa.s1tbx.insar.gpf.coregistration.CrossCorrelationOp.computeSlaveGCPs(CrossCorrelationOp.java:518)

Caused: org.esa.snap.core.gpf.OperatorException

at org.esa.snap.engine_utilities.gpf.OperatorUtils.catchOperatorException(OperatorUtils.java:440)

at org.esa.s1tbx.insar.gpf.coregistration.CrossCorrelationOp.computeSlaveGCPs(CrossCorrelationOp.java:605)

at org.esa.s1tbx.insar.gpf.coregistration.CrossCorrelationOp.computeTileStack(CrossCorrelationOp.java:476)

Caused: org.esa.snap.core.gpf.OperatorException: java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.esa.snap.engine_utilities.gpf.OperatorUtils.catchOperatorException(OperatorUtils.java:440)

at org.esa.s1tbx.insar.gpf.coregistration.CrossCorrelationOp.computeTileStack(CrossCorrelationOp.java:498)

at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorImageTileStack.computeRect(OperatorImageTileStack.java:122)

at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorImageTileStack.computeTile(OperatorImageTileStack.java:86)

at com.sun.media.jai.util.SunTileScheduler.scheduleTile(Unknown Source)

at javax.media.jai.OpImage.getTile(Unknown Source)

at javax.media.jai.PlanarImage.getData(Unknown Source)

at com.bc.ceres.glevel.MultiLevelImage.getData(MultiLevelImage.java:64)

at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorContext.getSourceTile(OperatorContext.java:449)

at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorContext.getSourceTile(OperatorContext.java:435)

at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorImageTileStack.computeRect(OperatorImageTileStack.java:116)

[catch] at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorImageTileStack.computeTile(OperatorImageTileStack.java:86)

at com.sun.media.jai.util.SunTileScheduler.scheduleTile(Unknown Source)

at javax.media.jai.OpImage.getTile(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.media.jai.util.RequestJob.compute(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.media.jai.util.WorkerThread.run(Unknown Source)