Coregistration with Back Geocoding does not work

Yes. sure. I have a checked ten times :-p

Today I updated SNAP and now Back Geocoding is working again.

Hi, Please tell where from to do so and how. I am new to all this. Thanks for the help !!!
What I know is previous versions are available at : http://step.esa.int/main/download/previous-versions/ and the latest, 6.0.0 at : http://step.esa.int/main/download/ . Please tell which version should I use so as to resolve this issue. One more thing, does SNAP always come bundled with Sentinel-1 Toolbox ? I want SNAP with S-1 Toolbox, which I believe this link serves the need. Any other installation or configuration do I need to do. Thanks alot.

@ga96dag

@ga96dag I tried version 5.0.0, now both Master and Slave Intensity files are zero.(between 0 and epsilon). This is further mess. 6.0.0 at least gave non-zero Master . Can everyone be specific while talking of versions ? I could not conclude much from updated the version ?

I’m not sure if the update solved the problem, or the fact that i wasn’t working with snap for a few days. I know this sounds stupid, but at the first day I had problems, there were zeros in the slave image, the second day in both, after a few days again only in the slave image and after a week (with update to 6.0) the problem was solved. So the problem became smaller also without the update. In the lower right corner of the snap window you can check if updates are avaible. When you install snap, you can sellect the toolboxes. It’s sad that snap has this problem and dos not even give an error message.

every problem is worth trying again at a later time. Sometimes there are memory issues or data stuck in a stream.

Hi,

I faced with this problem. As a solution, I restarted the PC and then opened extra space in C and D drives. It worked.

PS: SNAP 6

Hi Sumiya i’m having the same problem can you please help me !

please provide more information: What data are you using, what is the result of the BackGeocoding (empty file, error message…) and most importantly - have you already updated SNAP to the latest version using Help > Check for Updates

I have solved the problem by doing an update in SNAP but i have a problem with the final result I think it’s the bug with the Topo removal

maybe your study area is located ouside the SRTM area?

source: https://www2.jpl.nasa.gov/srtm/coverage.html

Did you select SRTM 1Sec in the topographic phase removal as well?

no i’m using STRM 3SEC i have a result like an DEM …and i’m using snap 6.0

one result is the topographic phase derived from the DEM (looks similar) the other is the remaining interferogram. The second is what you need for the subsequent steps.

as you can see my final result is like a DEM and the interferogram after removing the topo is not good it’s like it didn’t remove it at all and i think the bug with this step, please can you tell what to do ?

Perhaps you can slightly increase the quality of the product by multi looking to a lower spatial resolution (e.g. 20 meters) and Goldstein Phase Filtering.
But note that Sentinel-1 repeat pass interferometry is not the best data source for DEM generation. This has multiple reasons (temporal decorrelation, perpendicular baseline, wavelength) and atmospheric conditions can additionally reduced the quality.

1 Like

I think you didn’t understand me, the outpout of topo phase removal is not correct can you please develop what i have to check exactly

What makes you think the output is not correct?

Hi ABraun , i am also having the same problem.
Step 1 : i did coregistration which took like the whole day for two images, is that normal? RGB results only show one image color.
Then afterward I did all the interferometry steps, am getting a purple color image.
Kindly assist.

a red RGB means that the coregistration failed. Please specify what data you are using and which steps you undertook.