Difficulties installing snapista on MacOS

Hello,

I have been trying to set up snapista on my MacStudio 2022, with an M1 Max chip, running Monterey, but the steps and links listed in the instructions is not giving me the expected results.

• first, the link on the home page for “installation” is broken, it looks like it needs a .html at the end

• When I try to download the package from “conda install -c terradue snapista”, I get
    “PackagesNotFoundError: The following packages are not available from current channels”

• I followed the instructions for MacOS/Windows - I downloaded docker, made an account, and pulled the image according to the instructions from GitHub - snap-contrib/docker-snap: Docker image with SNAP and snappy. When I try to run the commands in “using this image” for gpt or snap or snappy, I get a message saying “WARNING: The requested image’s platform (linux/amd64) does not match the detected host platform (linux/arm64/v8) and no specific platform was requested” which I’m taking to mean that this file is actually meant for a linux distribution.

• the link to “Docker for a Jupyter and Theia based playground for SNAP, snappy and snapista” github only provides instructions to run “docker compose build”, which returns an “no configuration file provided: not found” error

Is there any way to get snapista to work on a mac? I appreciate any help I can get!

As far as I know snapista was built for Mac with Intel chips. M1 chips are not yet supported.
This is added in the future.