Download S2 L2A Data from the Copernicsu Open Access Hub

Hi,

anyone of you is able to download S2 L2A Data in these days from the Copernicsu Open Access Hub?

I can search for S2 data, but when I try to download them the download abort in few seconds…

I tried with different browsers and OS…

I read that there was a maintenance scheduled for the past days but not in these days…

1 Like

Hello Roberto,
I just tried it and it works fine. (I am using Firefox as browser)
So the problem doesn’t seem related with the Copernicus Open Access Hub.
Best regards,
Oana

Thank you for your answer Oana,

Have you downloaded the whole image?

My problem is that my downloads stop before finishing…

before I had never encountered this problem …

1 Like

I have downloaded 2 products, each of them having more than 1G.
I also opened both of them in SNAP (to make sure they are downloaded ok).

OK thank you very much for your help!

I really don’t know what it depends on …

I tried different PCs, different browsers, different OS and different accounts …

If I download other images from other sites (es Landsat) I’ve no problem …

I’ll continue to try, I hope to be able to solve soon …

Do you know other sites where I can download Sentinel2 L2A images?

I found only L1C images, but then with this data Sen2Cor give me an error…

1 Like

I managed to reproduce your problem.
So, earlier, I successfully downloaded 2 products, but now when I tried to download 2 more, it failed.

1 Like

This is strange…

I went in another office and there I could download S2 Data without any problem so I thought that the problem was my internet connection (even if the past week I’ve downloaded lots of S2 data without any problem…)

Alternative sites to download S2 L2A data?

Thanks again for your help…

1 Like

I don’t know other sites from where you can download S2 L2A products, but Sen2Cor uses L1C products and creates L2A products…

1 Like

I know…

I used it many times…

But if I use it with L1C images downloaded from other site than the offial hub the program give me error…

I’ll do other test in the afternoon…

Thanks for now!!

1 Like

Small update …

Now I can correct the S2 L1C images (downloaded from other sites) using the Sen2Cor integrated in SNAP 7.0 but I still can’t download Sentinel images from the Copernicus Open Access Hub …

My download starts but then the speed decrease and it stops…
From all other sites I can download without problems …

The problem has arisen since the last maintenance done on their servers …

Does anyone else encounter this problem?

1 Like

It is a known issue, the latest news from their website announces this problem:
https://scihub.copernicus.eu/news/News00585

1 Like

I get similar, even for 246MB. Even before the service upgrade/known issue. Then all of a sudden I try and it downloads really quickly. I keep trying at random times of day. There’s no pattern to it. But occasionally it works perfectly. Keep trying?

Hello,

I would suggest that if there hasn’t been a News item regarding normal service being resumed, then the service is still affected by the issue flagged by @oana_hogoiu

Cheers

Jan

Hello everyone,
there is an update on the issue regarding the system maintenance https://scihub.copernicus.eu/news/News00587
I had the same problem some days ago and after reading today the forum posts I tried Microsoft edge browser and I managed to download a few minutes ago a Sentinel 2 L2A product in about 2 minutes with 5 Mbps average rate.

Have a good day!

1 Like

Hello everyone,
They announced that they fixed the network error issues causing downloads failure:
https://scihub.copernicus.eu/news/News00588
Have a nice day!

1 Like