Error in SNAP - StaMPS processing of RS2 data: "Index in position 1 is invalid"

i Installed jpy with this link https://jpy.readthedocs.io/en/latest/install.html

Now how shld i check whether the interface has been established? @thho

1 Like

moreover, while i run this script in spyder i get error again
Script:

from snappy import ProductIO
p = ProductIO.readProduct('/home/thho/.snap/snap-python/snappy/testdata/MER_FRS_L1B_SUBSET.dim')
list(p.getBandNames())

Error:

@Jennifer

I do not have a solution to your problem, but a few things I mentioned:

• your path in p ProductIO.reader etc. has the user thho which you have to change to your user civil-lab and you have to check if the path exists in general
  • you use Python 3 which might cuase problemsā€¦I know thereare some missleading guides out there, since when I started sharing the installation guides, I uploaded them here in the forumā€¦later I switched to maintain them on githubā€¦those are the guides I recommend and posted aboveā€¦I think you are using an old oneā€¦
2 Likes

Thank you for your response @thho

I changed the path with the user name of civil-lab and still i get the same errorā€¦

Next, I found the new sentinel processing procedure of yours and am using itā€¦

In it i am finding difficulty in 2.5.2 Special configurations for SNAP

In the bin folder of my stamps 4.1 beta i dont find the files: mt_prep_gamma_snap and ps_load_initial_gamma.m.

Where am i going wrong in this?

@thho What is meant by ā€œBoth scripts are within the .zip foler for PS and for SBAS processing. They are called: mt_prep_gamma_snap and ps_load_initial_gamma.m.ā€ which is given in the procedure fileā€¦ Where should i find these files? According to the path specified by the code, it is not found there.

@Jennifer quite a while that somebody read the whole scriptā€¦the zip folder I am referring to is not available as it is mentioned in the tutorial. But I will upload the needed data to github this dayā€¦BUT this is for StamPS 3.x and not tested for 4.xā€¦I know that some of the scripts are not necessary anymore for 4.x but I do not know which, cause I have not checked it yetā€¦but there is a documentation I think in the StaMPS manualā€¦
Thanks for mentioning! Have you been able to solve the python-jpy problem? if yes, I am interested in your solution.

Cheers!

1 Like

Thank you for responding me each time @thho

I havent solved that problem yet. Now i am entirely confusedā€¦ In installed Ubuntu 16.04 LTS then python triangle matlab snap stamps snaphu and all that. The configuration procedure is entirely a mess for meā€¦ I dono how to carry out nowā€¦ i am unsure of which manual i should go throughā€¦ Could anybody tell me which version of python, stamps, snap and so on should i work with so that i could rely on a manual completely and carry out the PS processing??

I carried out the work upto stamps export in Windows environment for PS and i have the stamps exported folder for my data failsā€¦ I need to carry out the PS processing and i am struck upā€¦ Could anybody help me with a way. I am currently working on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, anaconda 3 with spyderā€¦ @ABraun @thho @falahfakhri

Through my following your discussions, I think yourā€™e still not completely install the whole packages, once theyā€™re install successfully all then the processing is help, but still the great @thho is doing his best as always for getting install all,

1 Like

Yes @thho has been of much help to meā€¦

Whole packages in the sense could you elaborate so that i could check or redo my installationsā€¦

Ofcourse, I remember this kind of situation, I where there too. I had to redo the setup alot before ending up with a complete and running environment.

My advice:

• start installing a Ubuntu of Version 18.4.2 LTS (it seems that this version is superior to 16 since it provides python-jpy. Question to you, are you able to setup a new OS or are you restricted to Ubuntu 16?)
  • use Python 2.7 within Anaconda 2
  • use the latest version of SNAP with updates and all
  • use the latest verison of StaMPS
  • for information about the steps and what is happening under the hood, read my documentation
  • for the actual preprocessing, use the snap2stamps package of @mdelgado it is the most up to date package, recommended in the StaMPS manual and maintained via github, therefore you are not in danger running into this kind of problems you have here
  • triangle and snaphu are all fine jsut install them via apt
  • the StaMPS configuration is explained in my documentation and if you stick to the installation of the docu, it should work

what you can do, that we can check your export is

cd /Path/to/stamps/export/folder #adapt this to you machine
ls -R #lists files and folders recursivly

ā€¦it is time for a snap2stamps dockerā€¦another point to the list

for now, I will reread my documentation and purge the outdated tricks or whatsoeverā€¦give me an hour and a new version will be there on github

2 Likes

please tell me how do one get the mt_prep_gamma_snap file? Why dont i have in my bin?? I should copy and paste from elsewhere or it automatically appears after installation? I am terribly confused with itā€¦

to clarify this detail:

there is a file after the installation which is called mt_prep_gamma in older releases an adapted file was needed for SNAP exported data the file was called mt_prep_gamma_snap provided by @FeiLiu ( I hope I am right with that reference). In the latest release, this adaption is already included in the mt_prep_snap fileā€¦please read the manual page 19.

hope that helped you :slight_smile:

Thank you so much @thhoā€¦ I am clarified with the mt_prep_gamma scriptā€¦

Thank you for your considerationā€¦ I will be waiting for your updated file in githubā€¦

I will reboot the OS and the softwares as you have mentionedā€¦

Am so grateful to youā€¦ Thank you so much for sparing your time and valuable suggestionsā€¦

Hey @Jennifer ,

I see you run in to problems mostly by doing the preprocessing from snaps in linux, you could also decide to do this in windows.

This will probably eliminate the problems you have with using python for snap processing. You can do everything upto snap-stamps export in windows.

If you are able to install python 2.7 using a conda environment you could try to use the snap2stamps package thats is also widely discussed on this forum.

I ran all my preprocessing in windows aswell so if you have questions dont hesitate to contact me.

1 Like

As so many people ask about it, this would surely be worth a separate thread

1 Like

I really mean only preprocessing! Thia does not include compiling stamps for cygwin, only the usage of snap2stamps and all installation.

I know people are indeed looking for a compiling guide, this is also why i just switched to linux and am processing there.

As soon as my thesis is finished i will post my readme file, that should get people from a to z with step by step instructions.

No worries, was just a thought and the whole topic is not necessarily to be delivered by you alone.
But any share of experience is welcome.

I am not worried at all, i would like to contribute!

I just wanted to make sure you didnt think i had the solution for the cygwin StamPS compiling because lots of people struggle with that.

I also read something about the StamPS SBAS processing being developed, do you know of any progress on this topic? @ABraun

yes, I also think this makes more problems than it solves. But I saw cases in here where this worked as well, so Iā€™m open. Preparing PS InSAR Sentinel-1 products for the processing with Linux/StaMPS is still a topic of large interest.

About the SBAS thing: SNAP is not able to process multi-baseline interferograms at the moment. Some workarounds are being developed but none of them is official so far.

1 Like