Esa Snap java error

Hello

I am a new user on this platform and from first step i have some troubles.
Some error with java. Any know how solve this error?

Thank you!

Hello,
Can you share your log file? Maybe it will provide more details.
From SNAP, Help menu -> Show Log Directory, the most recent messages.log file.
Also, what is your OS version? Windows on 32 or 64 bits? Which SNAP installer did you use?
Thank you in advance.

Hello.

Here are log file messages.log (78.0 KB)

I have windows 10 x64 and instaled for x64

Hello,
In your log file, I see:

SEVERE [global]
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Failed to create temporary file for /com/sun/jna/win32-x86-64/jnidispatch.dll library: Access is denied
at com.sun.jna.Native.loadNativeDispatchLibraryFromClasspath(Native.java:1032)
at com.sun.jna.Native.loadNativeDispatchLibrary(Native.java:988)
at com.sun.jna.Native.(Native.java:195)
at org.esa.snap.lib.openjpeg.dataio.Utils$CKernel32.(Utils.java:127)

which is similar to:

Just a small question (trying to see if it’s a dependencies issue): when you got this error, were you using SNAP 8.0 with the latest updates, or 8.0 clean installed (with the installer and no updates afterwards)?
Thank you in advance.

Yes, the same. I have satellite image…when i try open, coming error

Please specify if your SNAP is 8.0 clean installed or 8.0 with updates. Thank you.

First time i install with updates, and trying after without update

My Snap version

If you want to try without the updates, make sure you select “delete all SNAP user data” when you reinstall SNAP.

That update is important?

All updates are potentially important as they resolve bugs.

“Access is denied” can also be a permission error.
[“Failed to create temporary file for /com/sun/jna/win32-x86-64/jnidispatch.dll library: Access is denied”]
Do you have administrator privileges on your workstation? Maybe install/start SNAP with Run as administrator?

It might be something related to a security policy or anti-virus policy. Try to disable the anti-virus.

Searching after this error on the internet I found:
“Turns out a security policy was causing this. AV was blocking the creation of the dll file in the users AppData\Local\Temp\jna-(user id).”
(https://wyday.com/forum/t/3687/jnidispatch-eror/)

I think trouble solved. “Run as admistrator” it helped, now all image can open.

Thank you for attention!

1 Like

“Run as administrator” is not a proper solution, but does tell us that the problem is with the file and directory ownership/permissions. This may still be related to some AV software or site policies, and may affect updating and command-line batch processing.
At my former work SNAP 7 was installed through MS Software Center and could not be updated by users without the help of an admin user, while SNAP 8, also installed through MS Software Center, can now be updated by users without admin privileges.
If your system is an “enterprise” configuration you may need the help of your IT people to be able to run SNAP without using admin privileges.

1 Like