ESD NullPointerException

Hi, I am trying to corregister two Sentinel-1 SCL products with ESD. I have tried the process in three different ways:

1. step by step,
  2. using the Graph builder,
  3. using the S1 TOPS Corregistration with ESD tool.

However, the step-by-step method fails at ESD with following error:

org.esa.snap.core.gpf.OperatorException: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.esa.snap.engine_utilities.gpf.OperatorUtils.catchOperatorException(OperatorUtils.java:432)
	at org.esa.s1tbx.sentinel1.gpf.SpectralDiversityOp.computeTileStack(SpectralDiversityOp.java:521)
	at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorImageTileStack.computeRect(OperatorImageTileStack.java:116)
	at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorImageTileStack.computeTile(OperatorImageTileStack.java:85)
	at com.sun.media.jai.util.SunTileScheduler.scheduleTile(SunTileScheduler.java:904)
Caused: org.esa.snap.core.gpf.OperatorException: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorExecutor$GPFImagingListener.errorOccurred(OperatorExecutor.java:376)
	at com.sun.media.jai.util.SunTileScheduler.sendExceptionToListener(SunTileScheduler.java:1646)
	at com.sun.media.jai.util.SunTileScheduler.scheduleTile(SunTileScheduler.java:921)
	at javax.media.jai.OpImage.getTile(OpImage.java:1129)
        at javax.media.jai.PlanarImage.getData(PlanarImage.java:2085)
	at com.bc.ceres.glevel.MultiLevelImage.getData(MultiLevelImage.java:64)
	at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorContext.getSourceTile(OperatorContext.java:407)
	at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorContext.getSourceTile(OperatorContext.java:393)
	at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorImage.computeRect(OperatorImage.java:73)
	at javax.media.jai.SourcelessOpImage.computeTile(SourcelessOpImage.java:137)
	at com.sun.media.jai.util.SunTileScheduler.scheduleTile(SunTileScheduler.java:904)
	at javax.media.jai.OpImage.getTile(OpImage.java:1129)
	at com.sun.media.jai.util.RequestJob.compute(SunTileScheduler.java:247)[catch] 
	at com.sun.media.jai.util.WorkerThread.run(SunTileScheduler.java:468)

and the other two methods fail with:

at org.esa.snap.engine_utilities.gpf.OperatorUtils.catchOperatorException(OperatorUtils.java:432)
[catch] at org.esa.s1tbx.sentinel1.gpf.SpectralDiversityOp$1.run(SpectralDiversityOp.java:674)
SEVERE [null]: Last record repeated 2 more times.
WARNING [org.esa.snap]: RangeShiftOp: Cross-correlation failed for all bursts, set range shift to 0
SEVERE [global]
[catch] at org.esa.s1tbx.sentinel1.gpf.SpectralDiversityOp$1.run(SpectralDiversityOp.java:674)
SEVERE [null]: Last record repeated 2 more times.
WARNING 
[org.esa.snap]: RangeShiftOp: Cross-correlation failed for all bursts, set range shift to 0

Any ideas what the problem could be? This is a recent issue as I have run the same process few weeks ago on SNAP v 6.0.0 and the problem has not occurred. Now I have SNAP 6.0.1 and the ESD operator seems to have changed… It does not seem to be related to memory - I work on VM with 32 GB RAM (GPT cache set to 20 GB) - and it occurs on multiple VMs.

With the new update of S1 toolbox (v. 6.0.2) I managed to run the Corregistration with ESD in the graph builder of GUI. The same graph on gpt does not work, with the same java.lang.NullPointerException error.

Any news on that with the new version?

M

1 Like

this problem is related to Linux or Windows version?

So far I had the problem only in Linux (Ubuntu)

I would say that you need to check the latest updates - the one for linux version were published last week. According to my knowledge it should work but I can check it as well