Exception when running atmospheric correction

I have been testing the CHRIS/PROBA plugin and I’m getting an error message when I try to run the atmospheric correction. I’ve tested it on several Mode 1 images, with Noise Reduction applied, and I keep getting the fatal error message listed below.

Best Wishes, Sam

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 139264
at org.esa.chris.ac.operators.SmileOpImage.computeMeanToaSpectra(SmileOpImage.java:216)
at org.esa.chris.ac.operators.SmileOpImage.computeRect(SmileOpImage.java:129)
at javax.media.jai.OpImage.computeTile(Unknown Source)
Caused: org.esa.snap.core.gpf.OperatorException: 139264
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorExecutor$GPFImagingListener.errorOccurred(OperatorExecutor.java:381)
at com.sun.media.jai.util.SunTileScheduler.sendExceptionToListener(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.media.jai.util.SunTileScheduler.scheduleTile(Unknown Source)
at javax.media.jai.OpImage.getTile(Unknown Source)
at javax.media.jai.PlanarImage.getData(Unknown Source)
at org.esa.chris.ac.operators.SmileCorrectionCalculator$SmileCorrectionMedianCalculator.calculate(SmileCorrectionCalculator.java:66)
at org.esa.chris.ac.operators.ComputeSurfaceReflectancesOp.initialize2(ComputeSurfaceReflectancesOp.java:375)
at org.esa.chris.ac.operators.ComputeSurfaceReflectancesOp.computeTileStack(ComputeSurfaceReflectancesOp.java:182)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorImageTileStack.computeRect(OperatorImageTileStack.java:122)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorImageTileStack.computeTile(OperatorImageTileStack.java:86)
at com.bc.ceres.glevel.MultiLevelImage.getData(MultiLevelImage.java:64)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorContext.getSourceTile(OperatorContext.java:449)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorContext.getSourceTile(OperatorContext.java:435)
at org.esa.snap.core.gpf.internal.OperatorImage.computeRect(OperatorImage.java:75)
at javax.media.jai.SourcelessOpImage.computeTile(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.media.jai.util.RequestJob.compute(Unknown Source)
[catch] at com.sun.media.jai.util.WorkerThread.run(Unknown Source)

Hello Sam, thanks for the report.
We will have a look at this issue ([CHRIS-39] ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException occurs when running atmospheric correction).

Could you tell us the name of one the products you have tested?

I products I tried included La Crau for 8th November 2020 (PR1_OPER_CHR_MO1_1P_20201108T135200_N43-560_E004-860_0001.SIP.ZIP) and Lake Argyle for the 2nd September 2020 (PR1_OPER_CHR_MO1_1P_20200902T061200_S16-110_E128-750_0001.SIP.ZIP).

Best Wishes, Sam

1 Like

Hi Marco,

Is it likely there will be a fix before Christmas?

Best Wishes, Sam

I’m not sure if this is possible. We will have a look at it this week. But I can’t say yet if we can fix it within this week.
I keep you informed.

Hello Sam,
We tried to reproduce the problem you have reported. But it works on our side.
Do you have installed the latest updates of SNAP.

Yes, I’d deleted the old installation and have it set to install the latest updates. However, I hadn’t deleted my user .snap directory. So I have just tried by renaming the current folder, so it’s not used, and it seems there is something in there that is causing the error.

Best Wishes, Sam