< Export Transect Pixels > yields only 'Invalid Pos.' for all products

Hello All,

I really need this data ASAP and would appreciate any insight you can give! :slight_smile:

I’m looking at eddies using the NN_CHL product, and am trying to take a transect of Chlorophyll values across the eddy. I drew a line with the line-drawing tool, right-clicked, and selected ‘Export Transect Pixels’. This opens the following pop-up:

This allowed me to copy the data to clipboard or to a .txt file. I have tried both. Each time I export the pixels, the data I’m given is x pixel, y pixel, lat, and lon. These columns are filled in correctly. However, every other data column (all the wavebands and products, etc) is filled with ‘Invalid pos.’. :frowning:

Any ideas why it’s not retrieving the products for my transected pixels?

Thank you!!!

Many thanks,
Em

are you able to plot the chlorophyll profile along the digitized line?

You can switch to a table view there as well

@ABraun thank you for your reply!

I’m not sure… I am new to snap and don’t know how to plot the intensity along the transect. There is no option for this when I right click on the transect.

Is there a different way to create a transect, other than drawing a line?

Thank you!

once you have digitized a line you can click on this icon in the toolbar: grafik

This opens the profile plot view.

1 Like

Thank you!

has it worked?

Yes thank you! only issue now is that it seems to show the same exact plot even when I’ve closed the old one and plotted a new transect (doesn’t always update the profile plot when I select a new transect)… maybe just slow processing…

that’s possible. Sometimes it’s enought to set the Box size to 4 and then back to 3 for the plot to update.

Hi! I am having a problem with the export/import of transect pixels. This is something we could do in previous versions of SNAP, and now it seems not to be possible. I have the same scene in two levels: OLCI L1 and L2. I would like to compare the profile plots of the same band in the two levels using exactly the same pixels. So I draw a line, I export it, but later I am not able to import it back into the new scene. I guess it has to do with the “Invalid pos.” Is this a known problem?

I got a solution, not ideal, but it works. Open the transect.txt with and editor and remove all columns containing information other than the position. In that way I have been able to import it. Still, something is not right.

1 Like