Extracted backscatter values by using SNAP toolbox

No, it only takes the pixels under the imported points.

1 Like

While importing excel file as text format another error occurred.

And my import file is;
vh sm excel edited.txt (74.5 KB)

a number was missing in line 1174:

grafik

I changed it from 718 to 2718, but this did not solve the error

grafik

The problem was that the number of headers and the number of columns did not match.
I fixed it for you: vh sm excel edited_AB.txt (72.1 KB)

How can I fix this error?

I opened it in Excel and delted empty columns, somehow there was a shift.

Back scatter values include both sigma mean db and sigma db. which is used for correlation between local incidence angle and back scatter values?

mean is the average at the point and sigmal is the standard variation.
to me, only the first makes sense for this purpose.

Is it possible to do multiple regression in SNAP? This is my reference journal and I don’t know how to do it.

you can extract backscatter values (Sigma0VV= at your sampling points (ms) in the pin manager in the correlative plot view, but you have to export this table with the point pairs and find the regression in a more specialized software, e.g. MS Excel or SPSS.

The same task as discussed here, please have a look: Soil Moisture Mapping Using S1_SLC product and s1tx

1 Like

How can I map soil moisture distribution using band math in SNAP software?

please use the search function on this.

There are already so much topics on this question. Here are the most important ones:

Thank you…
I calculated NDVI but confused about how to mask vegetated areas and water body using NDVI.

The use of the mask manager is explained in this tutorial SAR Polarimetry and Analyses

Hello,
please any help to retrieve soil moisture using sentinel 1 images. I tried Multi-pol IEM SM retrieval in SNAP but snap refuse to read the image because it misses the hh pol (my image is vh and vv pol). I need any possible solution to retrieve sm using IEM using SNAP or any other software or code I will be very thankful for any help.

what data are you using?

I am using sentinel 1 images

Sentinel-1 does not hav HH polarization in most parts of the world. The soil moisture tool you are using requires fully polarimetric (HH/HV/VH/VV) data.

Thanks for your response. So these solution is not possible for my case.please do you have any suggestion that can help me to attend my objective?

Please see here: I want to extract soil moisture from SAR data

I am very thankful for your help.